What's For Dinner, Saturday, 4/2?
  Re: (...)
What's on everyone's menu for tonight?

I have 4 hotel pans (2-inchers) of Italian Bean & Bacon Salad ready to go to the winery tonight. Anxious to have some good Dungeness crab. Oh MY!

Since the weather is so bad, for the first time we'll have to serve inside the tasting/warehouse, will be really crowded. SO, have made a sign describing the salad with a reference it is from the next cookbook to hang around our necks. Realy cheesey and I don't know if I'll even have the b*lls to wear it.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's For Dinner, Saturday, 4/2? by cjs (What's on everyone's...)
Oh crab!!! We have decided to have classic Maryland crabcakes with a creamy caper sauce. We have some buffalo mozzerella, heirloom tomtoes, and fresh basil, (caprese salad) to accompany. Have fun Jean, in spite of the weather.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner, Saturday, 4/2? by Old Bay (Oh crab!!! We have ...)
Not sure yet. Hoping for some inspiration here.

Have fun at the winery tonight, Jean. Your salad sounds good. Did you use the flat Italian beans? Ron loves when I crumble up some crispy bacon on top of green beans.

P.S. Wear the sign! It's a conversation starter.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner, Saturday, 4/2? by Mare749 (Not sure yet. Hoping...)
Hubby requested steaks - that seems to be his usual weekend dinner of choice lately. Not complaining!
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner, Saturday, 4/2? by HomeCulinarian (Hubby requested stea...)
Have fun Jean! I hope the weather improves for you soon.

We're trying a recipe from Epicurious, the Pecan Crusted Pork Tenderlion Pinwheels with Carolina Mustard Sauce. I love North Carolina Mustard BBQ Sauce, so I'm really looking forward to this. The sauce tastes great, and should be better after the flavors have time to blend. I'm going to do some sort of corn as a side, along with a green salad.
  Re: What's For Dinner, Saturday, 4/2? by cjs (What's on everyone's...)
Everyone's dinner sounds so wonderful!

We will be having cheeseburgers on the grill, outside!!!

Leftover roasted veggies, man those were good. As a matter of fact, I think I would like to do them with the turkey for Thanksgiving this year. Really, really good.

But that's it. Cheeseburgers, lettuce, tomatoes and leftover roasted veggies.

Everyone's dinner sounds really good tonight. We are all so lucky!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner, Saturday, 4/2? by luvnit (Everyone's dinner so...)
Karyn, have you ever made the Carolina sauce in C@H's issue #63? here's a link where we posted recipes for the chicken and the two sauces - they are wonderful.

http://www.forums.cuisineathome.com/ubbt...=true#Post34682
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner, Saturday, 4/2? by luvnit (Everyone's dinner so...)
Jean...wear the sign! I am so jealous of both you and Bill! CRAB!

Karyn, that would be South Carolina Mustard BBQ Sauce. No self-respecting North Carolinian would dare to lay claim to a mustard BBQ sauce....LOL! That being said, if I had some bacon, I'd be making that for dinner instead of the planned dinner.

We're having Mushroom Pork Marsala with buttered noodles and a salad, unless I can get William to run to the store to get bacon!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner, Saturday, 4/2? by Gourmet_Mom (Jean...wear the sign...)
This is the sign I made.......don't know.
[Image: CIMG0642.jpg]

www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner, Saturday, 4/2? by cjs (This is the sign I m...)
Macs 'n Cheese. Two hot dogs for him with this outstanding horseradish mustard I got at an Amish market and a habanero peach brat and a smoked cheddar brat for me. Picked up a couple bottles of Kendall Jackson Grand Reserve Chardonnay at Wegman's yesterday for $14 a bottle - cheaper than BJ's prices!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.