What's for Sunday Dinner, 4/3??
  Re: (...)
What's on everyone's menu tonight?

Didn't think ahead and thawed out some halibut (Trixxee, I think, did a dish last week subbing hallibut) to try a new recipe not even thinking about the crab we always bring home...so probably do somelthing "surf and surf"
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 4/3?? by cjs (What's on everyone's...)
Keep talking about that crab, and I'll be knocking on your door!

I haven't decided really. I may just go with grilled dogs and burgers...typical Sunday dinner. The weather is BEAUTIFUL! A little cool, though. We picked up a couple of Brim Busters at WalMart after church. We'll be on the end of the pier in a couple of hours, so I better decide!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 4/3?? by Gourmet_Mom (Keep talking about t...)
"Keep talking about that crab, and I'll be knocking on your door!"

Keep talking about that WEATHER, and I'll be knocking on your door!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 4/3?? by cjs ("Keep talking about ...)
We have herb brined chicken halves in the smoker right now. That and some nice vegies. Can't wait.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 4/3?? by cjs ("Keep talking about ...)
Lots of leftovers. Good ones, just not enough of one thing for us all to have the same meal. But enough for us to have a lot of choices and variety.

It's a good Sunday.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 4/3?? by luvnit (Lots of leftovers. G...)
"Keep talking about that WEATHER, and I'll be knocking on your door!"

I had to get even somehow....LOL!
Daphne
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 4/3?? by esgunn (We have herb brined ...)
Quote:

We have herb brined chicken halves in the smoker right now. That and some nice vegies. Can't wait.

I can't wait to use our smoker again! That sounds so good!

Ron is helping put in a gas line at Holly's house today and I"m studying for my big test on Thursday, so dinner will be easy. I put some ribs in a slow oven and we'll have some roastie veggies on the side.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 4/3?? by Mare749 ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Maryann, is that your certification test?
Daphne
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 4/3?? by Gourmet_Mom (Maryann, is that you...)
Yes! Can you believe it? I'm all done with school now except for that test. Keep your fingers crossed for me, please!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 4/3?? by Mare749 (Yes! Can you believ...)
Burgers and coleslaw here. Fresh strawberries too. And leftover Baskin Robbins birthday cake!

Jena - it was the other way around for me. The thai curry dish called for halibut and I subbed a tilapia loin. What a great dish that was. Definitely a repeat.