What's for Dinner, Monday, 4/4?
  Re: (...)
What's on everyone's menu for tonight?

We're having a brunch (already described) and for dinner grilled halibut with Sweet Chili Thai Sauce and a salad. (the grow lights are doing wonderful things for our lettuce)
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Monday, 4/4? by cjs (What's on everyone's...)
Wow - Jean do you remember Shelly Monahan from KCRA news? She's on the Spokane news - shoot she got old too! We're going to get your rain today but it kinda looks like it might miss us.

I think we'll just heat up what's hanging out in the fridge. There are some goodies in there.

Bob took Ernie to the bus depot at 12:30am. We're alone again after 5 days and this is our first day of work. It'll be nice to be on our own.

You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Monday, 4/4? by Harborwitch (Wow - Jean do you re...)
Trying to use up most of the produce in the fridge as we leave for Hawaii in the morning. I'll steam some carrots, zucchini and yellow squash and roast some baby yukons. Maybe chicken piccata as the protein.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Monday, 4/4? by Trixxee (Trying to use up mos...)
I remember her, Sharon. The folks on WA news channels seem to stay in one place, some are the same as we saw when we lived in Issaquah in the 80s. And, are they old!

" as we leave for Hawaii in the morning" - Oh horsepuckie, I almost skipped over this little tidbit. Need anyone to carry the luggage???? Have a great trip!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Monday, 4/4? by cjs (I remember her, Shar...)
Thanks Jean! Looking forward to eating lots of good stuff!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Monday, 4/4? by Trixxee (Thanks Jean! Lookin...)
I think I'm making spaghetti tonight. We seem to have an infinite supply of marinara from last summer's tomato crop!

Wishing you a fabulous vacation, Trixxee! I'd love to go to Hawaii some day!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Monday, 4/4? by HomeCulinarian (I think I'm making s...)
Trixxee, have a wonderful time in Hawaii! I wish I was headed that way, too!

It's warm, windy and very pollen-y around here, but I want to grill anyway so we're having the Grilled Gyro Kebabs from #69. Everything is prepped, so I just have to light the grill and cook.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Monday, 4/4? by karyn (Trixxee, have a wond...)
Oh boy, was this ever good!!

Cajun Crab sauced Pasta ala J. Pepin (hope Lorraine sees this - she likes the dish as much as I do )
[Image: PastaEggalaJPepiin.jpg]
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Monday, 4/4? by cjs (Oh boy, was this eve...)
Oh my goodness, that looks wonderful, Jean! Where do I get that recipe? Do you have it in MC, or do you have to type it up?

Dinner is a few leftovers. I made a nice salad, and we're having some garlic shrimp for an app. We have 4 ribs left from last night, and I made a soup with the leftover veggies. That is more than enough for me, and hopefully enough for Ron.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Monday, 4/4? by Mare749 (Oh my goodness, that...)
How are YOUR ribs, Maryann? Sounds like you're doing better.

Jean, that is ridiculous! Pure torture!

Trixxee, I hope you have a great vacation! I'd love to go there some day myself!

Dinner tonight is Roasted Truffle Chicken and Potatoes with a side of butter beans.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.