Hoorayyyyy!
  Re: (...)
Okay, the kids and the hubby are leaving for the weekend starting tomorrow (Thur). They will be home on Sunday. I will have three full days to work and get organized. AND on Sunday we are having a B-day dinner for my mom, which will be Jean's Mole Tacos!

What a great end to a great weekend!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Hoorayyyyy! by luvnit (Okay, the kids and t...)
work and get organized...hope you'll take a little "Laura" time also.
Love those tacos.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Have a wonderful weekend Laura! I've also been doing a lot of getting organized and de-cluttering recently, and it's amazing how much happiness it brings. I've been a bit stunned by how donating stuff we don't use makes me feel so much more relaxed.

Ending the weekend with a family dinner and Jean's mole tacos sounds absolutely perfect.
  Re: Re: Hoorayyyyy! by cjs (work and get organiz...)
Quote:

work and get organized...hope you'll take a little "Laura" time also.
Love those tacos.

I'd second that suggestion! Have a couple relaxing evenings at the least. All work and no relaxation make us all grumpy. (Of course so does all relaxation and no work!
)
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
WOW! Lucky you! Enjoy your weekend!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Hoorayyyyy! by Gourmet_Mom (WOW! Lucky you! En...)
Oh I love those kinds of weekends. Not all the time, but every now and then they are treat Enjoy the party!!
  Re: Re: Hoorayyyyy! by DFen911 (Oh I love those kind...)
I am very excited and have been thinking about what I will prepare for ONE. I know I want to make tapioca pudding, from scratch. I love that.

I want to grill something, not sure what yet.

But then I draw a blank... After all these years of thinking what I would do or eat if I had nobody else to think of and I get nothing. What is a gal to do?

Now I just thought of fried rice. Love making that!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Hoorayyyyy! by luvnit (I am very excited an...)
Every now and then its "I need to miss you" time. LOL

Laura think of the favorite things that no one else likes. I'd think about a big bowl of runny cream of wheat. A grilled burger with no bun and a huge plate of salad. Some great wine and a really good book. Hmmmmm, fantasy island. I think I need a day to miss Bob - maybe working again is a good thing.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Hoorayyyyy! by Harborwitch (Every now and then i...)
I usually end up at work on the rare occasion I have that much time to myself. I'm glad you're looking forward to your weekend!
  Re: Re: Hoorayyyyy! by HomeCulinarian (I usually end up at ...)
Tapioca? Oh Laura, have you ever made chocolate tapioca? Love it and haven't made it forever.

Interesting - I can't think of anything I would make if I had some "I need to miss you time" - have to think on that.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com