OT - It all began with an iPhone...
  Re: (...)
[Brace yourselves... The women will (understandably) get mad at the following joke and the men will have to duck. Don't blame me: I didn't write it - just received it in email.]

It all began with an iPhone...
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: OT - It all began with an iPhone... by labradors ([Brace yourselves......)
ROTFLMAO!!!!

I tried to hint to my daughter that she could give me an Ipad for Mother's day.

Visualize, if you will, two women - one a 62 year old mother and the other a 40 year old daughter. They are cruising down the freeway in daughter's mercedez - mother is playing some feed the frog candy game on the Ipad as the two of them are rocking out to Guns & Roses.

Sigh - that was fun! I wish the game was on the PC!!!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: OT - It all began with an iPhone... by Harborwitch (ROTFLMAO!!!! [br][b...)
You mean not "Angry Birds"? LOL!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: OT - It all began with an iPhone... by labradors (You mean not "Angry ...)
"I should be out of the hospital by Thursday!!" If he's lucky!

Example in point....Oldest son "proudly" presented me a refrigerator magnet from a trip recently. It's shaped like a baking pan, has a "Leave it to Beaver" type graphic of Dad hugging Mom on it, and the slogan says: "I'm sorry, you must have me confused with the maid we don't have."
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: OT - It all began with an iPhone... by Gourmet_Mom ("I should be out of ...)
My normally wise BIL gave my SIL a very expensive vaccum cleaner for her birthday--a big mistake I'm too wise to make. Long time, long time, still little reminders--
I think her statement was "Fine"--all husbands know what that means. Simply go to your room and begin--"Our Father, Who art in Heaven, ----etc".
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: OT - It all began with an iPhone... by Old Bay (My normally wise BIL...)
Bill, I can't imagine you EVER giving Jane a vacuum cleaner....or any other household appliance for a gift. Unless requested.(I have received knives, food processor, and KA mixer for gifts from my WONDERFULLY thoughtful husband on request) A vacuum cleaner, on the other hand.......
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: OT - It all began with an iPhone... by Gourmet_Mom (Bill, I can't imagin...)
Sadly, I HAVE received a vacuum cleaner for Christmas. Granted, it was a very expensive vacuum cleaner, but, in reality, it did not compare to the year he gave me a package of 12 washcloths, a spatter screen, and a rubber spatula.

He and I have never been really big on gift giving, if there is something that we really need, we get it. But that Christmas I had visions of him frantically running through the K-mart aisle on Christmas Eve just throwing whatever he could lay his hands on into the cart. Really hard to generate enthusiasm over a package of washcloths and a spatter screen. The vacuum cleaner was a little easier.

Hard to believe that I've kept him for thirty years, huh!
  Re: Re: OT - It all began with an iPhone... by iBcookin (Sadly, I HAVE receiv...)
geez, that's funny!! We have reached the time in life - if we don't have it our kids (or we) can't afford it. Thank God for the gifts of wonderful wines and/or cookbooks to try....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: OT - It all began with an iPhone... by cjs (geez, that's funny!!...)
Oh that was funny I got an iRon for Christmas once, but I did ask for it. I do want the iPad cause that is what we'll use when we travel on the motorcycle, but the darn things are so pricey.