What's for Sunday Dinner, 4/10??
  Re: (...)
What's on everyone's menu for tonight?? Laura, you're doing your own thing this weekend, aren't you??

For us? Leftovers!! Dibs and Dabs of some goodies.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 4/10?? by cjs (What's on everyone's...)
Jean, that's not the routine leftovers, I'm sure!

We're having a Fig Baked Ham, cheesy pasta salad, garlicy green beans, fresh bread, and BANANA PUDDING! (We were at the store, and William held up a bunch of aging bananas on sale and smiled. I went to grab the Nilla wafers and milk.) Jean, this is the same recipe as my mother's chocolate pie....minus the cocoa, of course, and switching out the wafers for pie crust.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 4/10?? by cjs (What's on everyone's...)
Well my own thing is over as of today. They will be home this evening and we are having your Tacos with Mole Sauce. My mom and her hubby were supposed to cover over tonight, but we have changed plans. Brad worked very hard this weekend and I am imposing some down time for him. He needs some TV, Tacos, and Beer time tonight.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 4/10?? by luvnit (Well my own thing is...)
I'm hoping to have the saffron risotto with seared scallops, prawns, swordfish and baby lobster tail again at Cafe Pesto. And I need to recreate this when we get home though I'll probably just be able to use scallops and prawns.

http://www.cafepesto.com/kawaihae-dinner-menu.html
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 4/10?? by Trixxee (I'm hoping to have t...)
That sounds awesome! Dinner was good, but the ham was not anything special. The banana pudding was awesome, though.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 4/10?? by Gourmet_Mom (That sounds awesome!...)
I am hanging my head in SHAME. We had canned posole and I made quesadillas. Another allergy bout clobbered me. We also went down and schmoozed with the other work campers.

Bob and I are going to go for our WA state credentials for bartenders and food handlers. It broadens our skill set a little more. Well we're approaching bedtime. Nite all!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 4/10?? by Harborwitch (I am hanging my head...)
Oh Karen - what a great menu!! I'm stealing some ideas from it, that's for sure. The risotto sounds wonderful!

Roy is still on his banana kick - I should make this for him, Daphne. sounds good.

Creds for those will certainly be helpful - you'll probably end up licensed in every state...

Our leftovers were great - I think I mentioned I wanted to use jarred oysters for the appetizer Saturday night, to see if they would work for those who don't have access to freseh oyster. (and, it worked great - none of these Pac. Northwesters knew what they were!! ) Anyway, bought 3 jars, not knowing the size they would be and I ended up with 1 full jar and a 2/3 full jar left. So, the 2/3 full one was our leftovers last night with the corn chowder....oh my tasty!

Corn chowder w/fried oysters
[Image: CornChowderwFriedOyster.jpg]

Oyster Po'Boy (we split one and his had dill pickles on it)
[Image: OysterPoBoy.jpg]
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 4/10?? by cjs (Oh Karen - what a gr...)
Those all look sooooo good. Nice to know the jarred oysters will work. I saved my oyster shells so I'm good.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 4/10?? by Harborwitch (Those all look soooo...)
I finally found enough veal shanks to make Osso Buco. I used the recipe in CAH Issue #7. It was wonderful. I took a photo and will post it later.

Due to the cost of veal shanks, we will not be having this very often!