Dreams really do . . . .
  Re: (...)
We have been settling in here. It's a beautiful place, the people are really great, and it's fun. There are some issues, and things we're going to have to work through. But it's going to be a great summer. I like working in the Pro Shop, but man o man the restaurant is calling my name big time.

A little schmoozing with the gal that's in charge of the restaurant must of paid off. She stopped by tonight to let me know that she's talked to the boss and she's going to steal me for the restaurant as much as possible. Ulp! Wow! I am so excited, it's a small restaurant and so far the menu is pretty BLAND - she says old people can't eat flavorful food. HUH!!!

Oh well, I might be absent for a while - I have no idea of schedule or anything.

Linda if you are hanging out - I just might print out all your golf course posts! This WILL be fun!!!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Dreams really do . . . . by Harborwitch (We have been settlin...)
come true! You didn't finish it! And I have another one..."I believe. I believe"

Oh Sharon, I am so excited for you! You are really living the dream! I agree! Printing out all of Linda's posts will really come in handy. I'm guessing you know how. Read them through carefully and use them to make a mark at the restaurant! What have you got to loose?!?!? What a GREAT venue to test your wings with nothing to loose?!?!?! I say GO FOR IT! And have fun!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Dreams really do . . . . by Gourmet_Mom (come true! You didn...)
Oh Daphne I sooooo hope! There are so many things that no one thinks about.
  Re: Dreams really do . . . . by Harborwitch (We have been settlin...)
Quote:

Oh well, I might be absent for a while - I have no idea of schedule or anything.

"Slow down, you crazy child
and take the phone off the hook and disappear for awhile.
It's all right, you can afford to lose a day or two.
When will you realize Vienna waits for you?"
--Billy Joel
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Dreams really do . . . . by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
I know why I love you! Thanks!
  Re: Re: Dreams really do . . . . by Harborwitch (I know why I love yo...)
Sharon pictures!
  Re: Re: Dreams really do . . . . by DFen911 (Sharon pictures! [im...)
As soon as I can!
  Re: Re: Dreams really do . . . . by Harborwitch (As soon as I can!...)
Oh Sharon - soooo excited for you - and I knew the restaurant would be the best place for you!!! That being said, I had a crash course on pro shop stuff, so give me a holler if you have questions (and don't want to appear stupid asking what you think is a dumb question!) Trust me, I asked all those dumb questions last year since I knew ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about golf. Consider me your fairy godmother sitting on your shoulder!

Really, golfers just want to be made to feel welcome, so smile a lot, commiserate with a bad game and realize that it will never be their fault, it will always be a problem with the course that made them shoot such a bad score.

Seriously, call me or pm me any time - we'll compare notes!

I am coming into this a little late, where exactly did you end up?
  Re: Re: Dreams really do . . . . by iBcookin (Oh Sharon - soooo ex...)
What a great adventure, Sharon!! Good luck.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Dreams really do . . . . by cjs (What a great adventu...)
Sounds like a fun summer for you, Sharon!