Hi, Linda!
  Re: (...)
It's great to see you on more, but I'm guessing things are getting ready to crank up your way. How are things looking?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Hi, Linda! by Gourmet_Mom (It's great to see yo...)
**leans over to Jean** Who is Daphne talking to?
  Re: Re: Hi, Linda! by DFen911 (**leans over to Jean...)
iBcookin. She has the C@H retirement & golf club. LOL
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Hi, Linda! by Harborwitch (iBcookin. She has t...)
"**leans over to Jean** Who is Daphne talking to?"

SPEW! I lost it...I really did...ROFLOL!

Thanks for the save, Sharon! Yes, Denise, Linda is iBcookin and is the owner of our future retirement home (currently an up and coming premier golf resort in PA)....where we will all gather and share a brain, cook for each other, post pictures of our creations online, write cookbooks, eat fabulous food, and drink lots and lots of wine!
Daphne
  Re: Re: Hi, Linda! by Gourmet_Mom ("**leans over to Jea...)
OOOHHH So much fun in store. Yes, I am resolving this year to try to check in at least once a day, just for my mental sanity!!

Sadly, although the course is technically open, we have had such a wet and cold spring that we are not even letting the carts out yet and we are getting predictions of snow this weekend.

I am trying to wait patiently, thankful that we had some banquets and events scheduled on the restaurant side, but since nobody knows the restaurant is open, even that income is non-existant.

On the upside the greenskeeper has been hounding me for a list of tournaments this year and I finally gave him the latest version of my groups/tournaments coming in. At least sixteen new groups of 40+ and/or tournaments that have already booked, so I am pretty excited. I am just hoping that the spring gets all this wet out of its system now and I have a lovely dry summer like last year.

Speaking of future retirement homes, one of our friends just bought a home that literally sits on the course, okay its really a run-down shack, but he is going to fix it up. He lives in Pittsburg and is looking at this as a weekend home eventually. So maybe down the years we WILL have a retirement home or a place we can gather and do all the fun stuff. Wouldn't that be a hoot!
  Re: Re: Hi, Linda! by iBcookin (OOOHHH So much fun i...)
Good thing I read this in the a.m. or wine would have been all over the screen!! (stay with us here, Denise)

Fingers crossed that things start drying out soon for you, Linda!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Hi, Linda! by cjs (Good thing I read th...)
Oh Linda I hope you dry out. We're waiting for our water for irrigating the course to be delivered - in the meantime rain would help. We had a little yesterday, but it all seems to go around us.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Hi, Linda! by Harborwitch (Oh Linda I hope you ...)
Linda, it's good to hear that things are looking good for the summer. Hopefully, you'll start drying out soon. It's a shame the word hasn't spread about the restaurant though. Maybe after this year.
Daphne
  Re: Re: Hi, Linda! by Gourmet_Mom (Linda, it's good to ...)
Ok..I'm with ya now

iB I sure hope the weather changes for you and airs things out. I cannot believe how things have changed for you since you bought the course Sounds like things are really coming together.
  Re: Re: Hi, Linda! by DFen911 (**leans over to Jean...)
Quote:

**leans over to Jean** Who is Daphne talking to?

Denise, you are so funny. I was thinking the same thing. Now I am like, Oooooh. Catching up.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura