T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner?
  Re: (...)
What's on everyone's menu for tonight?

I'm thinking I'll take a page out of Daphne's book and have a grilled (hopefully ) steak and oven fries, a little gr. salad.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner? by cjs (What's on everyone's...)
I guess we moved the pasta to tonight. So it will be the past with white beans artichokes & spinach, and a salad.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner? by cjs (What's on everyone's...)
My daughter Holly is binging her family (inc my 2 grandsons) for the weekend. We are going out for Mexican food when they get here. We start cooking (already started) tomorrow for the rest of the weekend.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner? by Old Bay (My daughter Holly is...)
Oh my, a fun weekend at the Millers!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner? by Harborwitch (I guess we moved the...)
Hubby and I are taking a road trip to Chicago with friends... Reservations for tonight are at Fogo de Chao. Lunch tomorrow is at Spiaggia -- actually that is a cooking class with Chef Tony Mantuano through my Alumni Association. Then on Saturday night, our son made a reservation at Sun Wah BBQ. On Saturday night, my nephew and his wife, our friends' son and my son and his gf will also join us. We have preordered 2 Beijing Ducks. If you go to the Sun Wan website, watch the video!

I am super excited and have been looking forward to this weekend for months!!!
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner? by HomeCulinarian (Hubby and I are taki...)
Oh Jeannette, do I really want to go there?????????? I'll be back.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner? by cjs (Oh Jeannette, do I r...)
Jean, I really wish I could have stopped you! OIY! The drooling didn't get intense until they started cutting up that pig. MERCY! Jeannette, envy no longer covers it. This is BEYOND anything I could dream of! AWESOME! I'd love to go just to enjoy watching them cut up that meat...such precision! WHAT A WEEKEND!

Well, after that, my little tenderloin steaks and baked potato with a salad seems pathetic....LOL! But that's what I'm having. Can I come live with you Jeannette?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner? by Gourmet_Mom (Jean, I really wish ...)
Company showed up just as I was going to look at the links - OMG, Jeannette what an experience you will have!!!I'm not too often envious of others, but my Lord, I'm so green I can hardly stand it! BUT...

Fogo de Chão has restaurants in Austin, San Antonio, Scottsdale - so we can visit one next fall!!!!! At least the one in Scottsdale.

I love Chef TONY MANTUANO of Spiaggia's!!! I'd be happy with just the cheese platter!!

I'd have ordered exactly what you did - Peking Duck. And, it's Saturday morning, so you've alrady been! Can hardly wait to hear about it Monday morning.

I hope you log on early, Jennette! Have a great time.
www.achefsjourney.com