Daphne?
  Re: (...)
I know Daphne is in the areas all those storms are going thru, who else is that way??

Hope everyone can check in and let us know you're safe!!
  Re: Daphne? by DFen911 (I know Daphne is in ...)
I just came back on to see if Daphne's been on - N. Carolina really go hit badly!! Check in Daphne.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Daphne? by cjs (I just came back on ...)

I am worried over her too. - Hope all is well with her and her family

and any of our other friends.

marye
Everything will be all right in the end. So if it is not right, then it's not yet the end.
  Re: Daphne? by DFen911 (I know Daphne is in ...)
Oh cr@p! Daphne please check in!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Daphne? by mjkcooking ([br]I am worried ove...)
Oh no! Daphne, where are you? Time to check in!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Daphne? by Mare749 (Oh no! Daphne, wher...)
Oh dear! I hope she can check in soon. I have been reading about this storm all morning. Does anyone know where in NC she lives? What time did these storms go through. She was on the forum last night at 9:30 pm.

Daphne, check in soon!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Daphne? by luvnit (Oh dear! I hope she ...)
I'm here! Thanks for the concern. I posted on the dinner thread yesterday that we were okay. It was a really close call here. One of the tornadoes tore through the town where I teach, just 20 miles north of here. I have heard from one coworker, but no others. I guess I'll find out tomorrow. I'm assuming we'll have school, but not sure yet. My school is one of the designated shelters. There are 3 reported dead from that tornado at this time. Still lots of power outages.

The report about the Lowes store is in Sanford farther inland from here...closer to Raleigh in the center of the state. I have heard that 14 were killed in Bertie County to the far northeast of here...near Currituck for those familiar with the Outer Banks.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Daphne? by Gourmet_Mom (I'm here! Thanks fo...)
Glad to hear you're okay. We were all worried.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Daphne? by Gourmet_Mom (I'm here! Thanks fo...)
Yes, very happy to hear you are okay. That is great news!

That area was really devastated. So many tornadoes, gracious. Very scary.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Daphne? by luvnit (Yes, very happy to h...)
You checked in last night, but you didn't this a.m., lady!!! Good to know all's right with you.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com