Cruise pix
  Re: (...)
I put my pix up on photobucket for anyone who might wish to see them. We had a wonderful and relaxing week. This was our first time out on a Celebrity ***** and I highly recommend this cruise line! You feel so pampered.

Although this was an older ***** than some we have been on, it was very nice, very comfortable, and the food was excellent. We had rain a few times, but fortunately, it never lasts long. We boarded the ***** in San Juan, then went to St.Thomas, St.Maarten, Antigua, St.Lucia, and Barbados, with one day at sea before coming home. We looked at each other this morning and said "where's breakfast???" Boy, were we spoiled this week!

Enjoy the slideshow. The first one is a boring video I took at the cooking competition, in case you want to skip that one. I wanted to take a better one when it got more exciting, but ran out of memory on my card.

http://s116.photobucket.com/albums/o40/s...se%202011/
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Cruise pix by Mare749 (I put my pix up on p...)
Beautiful - it looks like you guys had a lot of fun!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Cruise pix by Mare749 (I put my pix up on p...)
Wow! What fun pics. Love Ron's tats! That is funny! Now I want to go on a cruise!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Cruise pix by luvnit (Wow! What fun pics....)
Maryann you and Ron looked like you had a marvelous time! I can't believe that chocolate buffet. I'd do one of those chocolate shots and be done in lol.

The watermelon carvings on the buffet were beautiful. What was the one thing that impressed you the most on your trip?
  Re: Re: Cruise pix by DFen911 (Maryann you and Ron ...)
Shoot, I'll be back to look at these - hate it when work gets in the way...........
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Cruise pix by cjs (Shoot, I'll be back ...)
Very Cool, Maryann! Thanks for sharing the trip. It looks like you two had a blast! What a wonderful experience. I'm still working on William.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Cruise pix by Gourmet_Mom (Very Cool, Maryann! ...)
It looks like so much fun! I'm glad you and Ron had a good time. I loved the slide show!
  Re: Re: Cruise pix by karyn (It looks like so muc...)
Thanks everyone, we really did have a wonderful week.

Denise, I think that the one thing that really impressed me on this particular ***** was how friendly the officers and crew are. They participate in different activities on board such as a dance contest, a talent show, a pool-volleyball game, and the cooking competition. It makes all of them so much more approachable and I think they actually enjoy taking part in the activities. I've been on 8 cruises now, and this is the first time I've seen the officers interact with the guests in this way. It was nice to see, and they seemed genuinely interested in making the trip a fun experience for everyone.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Cruise pix by Mare749 (Thanks everyone, we ...)
That looks amazing! I hope to be able to go on a cruise someday.
  Re: Re: Cruise pix by HomeCulinarian (That looks amazing! ...)
Well, all I can say is cruise ships have come a long way since our one and only cruise....in 1976!!

Great pictures Maryann, you must have had a fantastic trip. Love the ice sculptures and I could learn to love a martini made on the martini slide!!

Do the ships offer snorkeling lessons for novices? That's one thing I've always wanted to do and haven't yet.

Now, to flip a coin - Hawaii/cruise, Hawaii/cruise
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com