What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 4/19??
  Re: (...)
What's everyone having today??

Not sure here, yet - maybe French Dip

Have to make a flan to take to my aunt, per her request. Roy is excited - haven't made it for a long time.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 4/19?? by cjs (What's everyone havi...)
I'm thinking some kind of fish. Still doing the leek soup today until this evening. Dinner is suppose to be light and plain, 4 oz. protein, 2 steamed vegs, and a piece of fruit. So, I'm thinking baked cod or haddock, fresh asparagus, snow peas, and sliced apples.

Jean, I could use a few small plate suggestions about now...
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 4/19?? by Mare749 (I'm thinking some ki...)
Tonight I'm making an old standby - goat cheese and chive stuffed chicken (sometimes I add some sundried tomatoes), baby beets and roasted red potates. The beets are easy - I buy them from Trader Joe's precooked, refrigerated section. They are fabulous and no mess.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 4/19?? by Trixxee (Tonight I'm making a...)
I picked up a beautiful pork tenderloin last night, and a bunch of gorgeous beets! Salad, blue cheese dressing. Thats the plan so far.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 4/19?? by Harborwitch (I picked up a beauti...)
I was excited to discover the grocery store in town had shrimp on sale, so we're having the Tandori Shrimp Skewers with Pineapple Chutney with a spinach salad on the side.

PLAN B: I left the yogurt off the grocery list for the Tandori Shrimp. I have cream cheese, but I hate to make that big of a change in the recipe on the first attempt. SO I've decided to make Garlic Roasted Shrimp and enjoy LOTS of Spinach Salad.

(William has asked me NOT to make pasta. He wants me to start leaving off starch. Okay, I can do that, but wait until he gets a gander at my grocery bill with all those yummy EXPENSIVE veggies...LOL!) Another funny aside, the fresh pineapple will need to be used soon, so there will probably be a Pineapple Crisp in our future...MUCH worse than pasta...LOL!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 4/19?? by Gourmet_Mom (I was excited to dis...)
I jazzed up my TJ's beets and made this salad (minus the pear). Excellent, and nice to serve to company. For the greens I used the TJ's microgreens. I love those little things. The toasted almonds are a nice touch.

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/p...ad-1022189
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 4/19?? by Trixxee (I jazzed up my TJ's ...)
What a pretty salad, Trixxee! And I just love beets, so will be making this soon. Thanks for posting.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 4/19?? by Mare749 (What a pretty salad,...)
What a pretty salad, Trixxee! Thanks for sharing!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 4/19?? by Gourmet_Mom (What a pretty salad,...)
You're welcome! I think beets are under-used, as are carrots.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 4/19?? by Trixxee (You're welcome! I t...)
My, that does sound very good - copied!

All the years I've been make flan, I've never made individual ones before, don't know why. But, I love them. My treat for my aunt this month and I thought she'd handle them better than having slices.

[Image: Flan1.jpg]

I'll sure be making them again. I made 10 instead of 8 and they were the perfect size.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com