What's for Dinner, Wednesday, 4/20?
  Re: (...)
What is everyone doing for dinner today?

This being the 3rd Wednesday, we're headed for Everett taking flans, chocolate/pumpkin bread and banana bread for my aunt. She is going to be one happy cookie!! So, don't know whether we'll stop on the way home or have some Barley Risotto Primavera I made yesterday, boy it is good!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Wednesday, 4/20? by cjs (What is everyone doi...)
This afternoon Michael and I have an orientation meeting at the junior high school he'll be going to next year so I planned on something quick for when we get home - TJ's Mandarin Chicken and some sauteed baby bok choy.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wednesday, 4/20? by Trixxee (This afternoon Micha...)
I know what I'd planned, but I forgot chicken stock and celery. I'm working until 7 so I have no idea. Maybe Bob will run into town & grab the stock and celery Then it's buffalo chicken risotto!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wednesday, 4/20? by Harborwitch (I know what I'd plan...)
Chicken Marsala here, mostly because I have everything on hand.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wednesday, 4/20? by karyn (Chicken Marsala here...)
We're having the Coke Brined Chicken. I forgot to get bourbon for one of the sauces. Any suggestions? I have some dark rum, vodka, port, marsala, vermouth (dry and sweet), sherry (dry and sweet), kahlua, and a bottle of cab. Any suggestions? I DO have everything for the Carolina dipping sauce, though. I'll be grilling some squash and zukes alongside.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wednesday, 4/20? by Gourmet_Mom (We're having the Cok...)
I'd probably go for the dark rum, but I'm no expert. I just like rum, and they're both a bit dark and sweet.

OT--Daphne, are you back at school? How are things with your students?
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wednesday, 4/20? by karyn (I'd probably go for ...)
and drink the kahlua while you decide!

Yeah, what's happening around there?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wednesday, 4/20? by cjs (and drink the kahlua...)
I'm sorry, I thought I reported. We went back yesterday. Remarkably, not one student at my school was affected by the tornado...nor anyone in their family. I think there's only one student at the high school! I was so glad to see all their faces, though, I can tell you that.

Thanks for the info on the rum. I think I'll go with that. I'll have to save the Kahlua for this weekend. It goes STRAIGHT to my head...LOL!
Daphne
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wednesday, 4/20? by Gourmet_Mom (I'm sorry, I thought...)
WOW! I'll be repeating this dinner! The sauces were GREAT! And I loved how tender the chicken turned out! I made plenty of veggies and used Laura's seasonings on them....YUM! (Thanks Laura! This is the first time I've used them alone on a food that would really showcase the flavor. They're GREAT! THANKS, AGAIN!) I just realized I had some mushrooms that would have been great with this...skewered whole with the seasonings....DARN!

I am pleased to say that I didn't miss the starch at all! I didn't even get my frozen peaches out. I'll save those for another night.
Daphne
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wednesday, 4/20? by Gourmet_Mom (WOW! I'll be repeat...)
Daphne, So glad to hear your students are all ok. What a blessing.

Was that chicken a C@H recipe?

I made easy chicken cordon bleu. So easy and real favorite.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.