Kitchen/cooking Must Haves?
  Re: (...)
Probably not. But they sure are fun. I was looking through the new Williams-Sonoma catalogue today and saw some interesting items.

First off. I have mentioned the personal pie maker. It is back in stock.

Breville Pie Maker

This might be a must have for smoking those poppers - or just grilling them. Jalapeno Roaster

And not to be passed over Wood fired oven
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Kitchen/cooking Must Haves? by esgunn (Probably not. But ...)
How funny, I just thought about checking for the pie makers yesterday - found a buried note!
Wood fired oven is still on our to do list....
Have a jalapeno popper thing - it was Sharon's, I don't know if she gave it to me or I just kept it.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Kitchen/cooking Must Haves? by cjs (How funny, I just th...)
I've been eyeing the pie maker ever since it came out before Christmas. It would be so much fun, but I'm concerned I'd probably overuse it at first, and then consign it to the appliance graveyard! There's a limit to how many pies my pants will accommodate, y'know?

I LOVE the wood fired oven. That's something we've talked about, but we want to know where our kiddos will settle before we do that kind of outdoor cooking installation/investment.

Our oldest is graduating in a few weeks and already working part-time for his (local YIPPEE!!) employer. We'll have to see where his younger brother winds up before we do much more outside.
  Re: Re: Kitchen/cooking Must Haves? by karyn (I've been eyeing the...)
Anyone remember the old-fashioned pie makers you put into the fireplace?

[Image: 0a1f6823.jpg]
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Kitchen/cooking Must Haves? by labradors (Anyone remember the ...)
do I want to say...................................yes? We had one AS AN ANTIQUE!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Kitchen/cooking Must Haves? by cjs (do I want to say.......)
I just love this little thing:
http://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/...tools|ctlfvtfru

Unfortunately I have 4 juicers...

Oh, and if anyone wants an awesome cherry/olive pitter, I highly recommend this one:
http://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/...tools|ctlfvtfru

Must get away from that WS website...
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: Kitchen/cooking Must Haves? by foodfiend (I just love this lit...)
These are sooo cool! I really need to look into the pitter. But I'd LOVE to have the pie maker. We are still in the discussion faze of the wood fired oven. I'm seriously thinking of working with the brick chimney grill we already have. I think I might can make that work.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Kitchen/cooking Must Haves? by cjs (How funny, I just th...)
Bob and I decided to just sneak it into your kitchen and let you have a ball with it!! LOL

Laurie & John have the personal pie makers. I think they also call them "pie irons" or Pudgy pies.

I guess a wood fired oven is out of our future for now.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Kitchen/cooking Must Haves? by Harborwitch (Bob and I decided to...)
Yes. I've heard "pie irons" before.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Kitchen/cooking Must Haves? by labradors (Yes. I've heard "pi...)
I guess you need to toss me into the antique category since we still have and use several of Labs' pie irons at the campground.

Sharon . . . you don't have one? I could see you doing all sorts of creative things with it!!

Not sure about that personal pie maker - looks like a lot of crust to me and I am the person who eats the filling and passes the crust to hubby