What's for Dinner, T.G.I.F. 4/22??
  Re: (...)
Happy T.G.I.F. everyone - especially those youngsters still working.

I'm making hash from the prime rib - but we also have some leftovers from last night. What a fun B'day party we had for one of our neighbors.

I tested/pictured three appetizers and I was astounded at the one most liked best - ate everyone of them!

So simple and so easy and do ahead!!
------
Tortilla-Sausage Wraps

These little sausage wraps are fun to cook over a campfire, but they are also fun to do at home over a grill and they are fast and easy. For a condiment, have hot sauce in little bowls for dipping.

2 10-inch flour tortillas
1 T. honey mustard or German mustard
12 cooked mini sausages (2-inches long)

Stack the tortillas and trim two opposite edges off straight to make the center section 6 inches wide. Cut this stack lengthwise into 2-inch-wide strips. Cut each strip in half crosswise, you will have 12 2-inch wide rectangles.

Spread mustard on one side of each piece and lay a sausage across one end of each strip and roll the tortilla to enclose it. Thread 3 rolls on each skewer crosswise, through seam and sausage. Repeat with the remaining sausage wraps. Spray both sides of the skewer with cooking spray and lay on a grill over medium heat until the tortilla is lightly browned about 1 to 2 minutes per side. Carefully remove wraps from the hot skewers and arrange on a heated serving plate. Makes 12 portions.

Note: if the sausage does not get hot before the tortilla gets too brown, stack the skewers on a baking sheet and put in a 350° oven for 4 or 5 minutes to heat through.

-----

There is really nothing to these little buggers but everyone really liked them. I made them early afternoon - wanted to see if they would get soggy prepped ahead of time, but they didn't, so that made them even better to make for a party.

I think these are one of those "bet you can't eat one" appetizers!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, T.G.I.F. 4/22?? by cjs (Happy T.G.I.F. every...)
That sounds really good Jean.

I'm not sure what we're going to have. I might grab a piece of hanger steak and do an Asian marinade to grill. The C@H cucumber salad and ????

You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, T.G.I.F. 4/22?? by Harborwitch (That sounds really g...)
King crab legs are on sale for $10.99/lb so that is my starting point.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, T.G.I.F. 4/22?? by Trixxee (King crab legs are o...)
It's more than TGIF here! WOOOOOO HOOOOO! I'm officially on VACATION!

I've got two more tenderloin steaks in the freezer from last weekend. I'll have a spinach salad to go with. I'm still trying to decide if I'll have a starch...trying to lay off. I've got a potato and some corn on the cob, but I'm fighting the feeling. I'm going to pull out some of those peaches from last summer and hopefully go with just that.

Jean, that sounds awesome! The sausages you are talking about...are they what we have around here, called Lil' Smokies? (cocktail wieners)
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, T.G.I.F. 4/22?? by Gourmet_Mom (It's more than TGIF ...)
Yes, I'm making more today, didn't get any pictures of them last night, will post later. Really a fun 'rugged' appie rather than a 'fine dining' appie.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, T.G.I.F. 4/22?? by cjs (Yes, I'm making more...)
Daphne, is this spring break for you?

Here's some of the pictures of the food from last night - finally got some pictures that turned out....

These are the Tortilla-Sausage Wraps - good for an outdoor BBQ do, certainly not fine dining fare.
[Image: Tortilla-SausageWrapswmustardandsalsa.jpg]

Grilled Skirt Steak Crostini - I'll either have to chop up the steak or use a more tender cut, didn't like how these 'ate' - but the flavor was great. Drizzled with truffle and chili oil

[Image: GrilledSteakCrostiniwtruffleoil2.jpg]

and dessert was a blast, everyone knew from the menu that we were having fries and ketchup for dessert, but they couldn't figure out where I was coming from.
[Image: LbcakeFriesKetchup.jpg]

For an entree we had C@H's Pepperoni Pizz Soup and Cheesy Garlic Bread - so good!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, T.G.I.F. 4/22?? by cjs (Daphne, is this spri...)
Happy vacation, Daphne!

I've got a flank steak thawed and am going to make an Asian style recipe with it...
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, T.G.I.F. 4/22?? by HomeCulinarian (Happy vacation, Daph...)
YUP! SPRING BREAK FOR ME!!!!!

Jean, they're cute! For the right party, they'll be great!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.