What's for Dinner - Saturday, 4/23??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone?

The weather here is finally beautiful, so I'm grilling chicken thighs and I think we'll have the pasta salad a day early and enjoy today and Easter!

Also, my rhubarb was beautiful yesterday, so think I'll try some dishes today with it - rhubarb cream cheese ice cream.....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner - Saturday, 4/23?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Sounds good, Jean... I'm here looking for inspiration as I plan our menus for the week!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Saturday, 4/23?? by HomeCulinarian (Sounds good, Jean......)
I've got stuff for a steak stir-fry, but I'm not sure that will be it. We'll see.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Saturday, 4/23?? by Gourmet_Mom (I've got stuff for a...)
Grilled salmon, salad and red potatoes.
Today is a 2 - 7 day in the Pro Shop. Dinner will be leftovers. I need to do some prep for Bob for tomorrow's dinner so it'll be easy. (Tomorrow's another 2 - 7 day)

There's some pork tenderloin, Buffalo Chicken risotto, and more than likely some other goodies and a nice salad to go with.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
Jammed-Up Pork Chops with rice pilaf and smashie potatos. This time I'm going to braise the chops on simmer after browning them. I'm even going to steam an artichoke. Never had one before but I got a nice one at Wegman's and even found some Garlic Cheese butter to dip the leaves in.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Saturday, 4/23?? by BarbaraS (Jammed-Up Pork Chops...)
"This time I'm going to braise the chops on simmer after browning them." - will you let me know what you do and how you like it, Barbara, please??

Jeannette - is the bad weather headed for you? Looked like it on the map this a.m. take care.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Saturday, 4/23?? by cjs ("This time I'm going...)
Jean,

I used to do this recipe that called for braising thick-cut chops in marmalade and a little vinegar. Essentially you would dust the chops with flour and brown them in a skillet, then pour the marmalade mixture over them, cover, reduce heat, and simmer 30 minutes or until preferred doneness.

They came out very moist.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Saturday, 4/23?? by BarbaraS (Jean,[br][br]I used ...)
nice twist on it, Barbara, thanks.

edited to add:just went back and looked at the recipe and essentially the same - top of stove vs. oven, except for the dredging of flour. don't know why I didn't do that, that's the normal way that I used to do them. huh. would help the sauce, duh.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Saturday, 4/23?? by cjs (nice twist on it, Ba...)
The sun finally came out, so we're grilling chicken, and serving it with maque choux and green salad.