Tomorrow night's dinner (Mon., 4/25)
  Re: (...)
YUM!

[Image: DSC06174.jpg]
  Re: Tomorrow night's dinner (Mon., 4/25) by Gourmet_Mom (YUM! [img]/ubbthread...)
Wow, I should say so!!! grill? roast? fry? smoke?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Tomorrow night's dinner by cjs (Wow, I should say so...)
Frying them...hushpuppies (tomorrow's project to find the recipe you perfected) and coleslaw!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Tomorrow night's dinner by Gourmet_Mom (Frying them...hushpu...)
Quote:

(tomorrow's project to find the recipe you perfected)

Is THIS the one?
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Tomorrow night's dinner by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Labs, you're an angel! You saved me from possible hours of searching! This is the one! Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Daphne
  Re: Re: Tomorrow night's dinner by Gourmet_Mom (Labs, you're an ange...)
No problem. I know the search is sometimes daunting for many people, so when I see this kind of request, I try to help out as much as possible.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Tomorrow night's dinner by labradors (No problem. I know ...)
That just makes me drool!! There is NOTHING better than fresh caught fish
  Re: Re: Tomorrow night's dinner by DFen911 (That just makes me d...)
The only thing that would make the dinner a tiny bit better, if the fish were catfish..... have a good one!!

Can we hitch our wagons to your star here and post our menus also??? for today, Monday.

I have kind of a mystery basket to work with. Because of all the testing I've been doing, I have a list of 15 ingredients that HAVE to be used quickly, I'm trying to combine as many as I can - and not eat 5 or 6 meals a day.

Yesterday, I wanted to use my fresh basil and 1 lonely zucchini and lo and behold, the novel I'm reading had a recipe for cookies in it - so I made them. They're delicious!!

Martha Edmond’s Comfort Cookies
from Susan Wittig Albert's book, “Bloodroot”

1 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter or margarine
1 egg, beaten
1 cup grated zucchini
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. each: cinnamon, cloves, and salt
1 tsp. baking soda
2 T. finely chopped fresh basil
1 cup chopped nuts

Preheat oven to 375°F. Cream sugar and butter; add egg and beat. Add grated zucchini alternately with dry ingredients, mix together. Stir in basil and nuts. Drop by small spoonfuls onto greased chookie sheets and bake 12-15 minutes. Makes 3 dozen.

-----

I'll sure be making these often!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Tomorrow night's dinner (Mon., 4/25) by cjs (The only thing that ...)
Interesting recipe, Jean. But it makes sense. I can't wait to hear what else you come up with.
Daphne
  Re: Re: Tomorrow night's dinner (Mon., 4/25) by cjs (The only thing that ...)
Wow! Those sound so good. I remember making a similar cookie for the girls when they were little - but there wasn't any basil in them. Those might be a fun cookie for Bob. He needs some cookies. Thanks for sharing.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!