It's like drinking rice pudding...
  Re: (...)
When I was in the supermarket, today, I noticed a new product in the dairy case and just had to try it. Unfortunately, my camera batteries are dead, so I can't send you a picture of it, but it's called Leche con Canela, or "Milk with cinnamon." It turned out to have sugar, as well, so it tastes like drinking rice pudding, but it's delicious. Even so, given the sugar, it's probably not something I'll buy that frequently.

Also, remember how I have mentioned the way the stores will tape things together, here, or put them into a plastic bag together to show that one of them is on sale or that something is a free gift with the purchase? Well, today they had six one-pint cartons of orange juice bagged together with a free thermal bag big enough to hold them. That's better than the average deal.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: It's like drinking rice pudding... by labradors (When I was in the su...)
I still think that packaging idea is weird...LOL!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: It's like drinking rice pudding... by Gourmet_Mom (I still think that p...)
I don't think it's weird at all. Years ago, I worked for a certain tobacco company whose headquarters were down your way, Daphne, and we used to put add-ons on the cigarette cartons all the time. They were usually set up in a display. Lots of companies are using this idea now for everything from mouthwash to BBQ sauce, and even produce.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: It's like drinking rice pudding... by Mare749 (I don't think it's w...)
Let me guess....Reynolds was the company and the cigarettes were Parliament? That or Virginia Slim...LOL! My mom recently gave me some cookbooks from the Virginia Slim company...LOL!

Nope, got that backwards. That would be Phillip Morris from VA.

Reynolds did the Camels, Marlboro, etc. But I believe it was Pall Mall that did the odd marketing of products with the cigarettes.

But Maryann, that was a long time ago!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: It's like drinking rice pudding... by labradors (When I was in the su...)
Rob,

Thought that might be what I saw today in Walmart. LOTS of hispanic items. But I think it was just the Hispanic version of Nestly Leche conasada (?) Sweetened condensed milk. But it was in a taller plastic container. Not little cans.

They also had VitaCoco. Coconut Water beverage, in fun flavors Peach Mango, Tangerine, pineapple, and Acai Pom. As well as pure coconut water. I will have to give this one a try.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: It's like drinking rice pudding... by esgunn (Rob, [br][br]Though...)
Cool! Here, there's also a coconut-water soda that is delicious.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?