What's for Dinner, Thursday, 4/28??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for eveyone tonight??

I have some Cherry cola sauce left from last Sunday's ribs, so thawing the last pkg. of ribs from the freezer and using it today.

Note on the CarbLover's Chicken Tetrazzini - it was really soupy, but the flavor was good. Halfway thru the meal, I began thinking of it as soup and I'll be darned if we didn't like it better. The thickening was cornstarch, which I normaly don't like, but surprise, chicken tetrazzine soup is very good.... Next time I may add long thin noodles and call it chicken noodle soup. hmmmm.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Thursday, 4/28?? by cjs (What's on the menu ...)
We've got MAJOR storms moving in again, AND I've got some MAJOR kitchen work to do: clean out and inventory the freezing unit, freeze meats from yesterday's shopping trip, bake bread, and make a praline cheesecake for this weekend. But the plan for now is Karyn's birthday review dinner.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thursday, 4/28?? by Gourmet_Mom (We've got MAJOR stor...)
Good luck with the storms, Daphne! We're having the leftover Cincinnati Chili, and I'm giving the bread salad garnish a try with it this time, since Jean says it makes the dish. I subbed corn for the black beans, because John won't touch beans, so I hope it turns out.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thursday, 4/28?? by karyn (Good luck with the s...)
Oh I hope you do like it - no beans, huh??? What's the matter with John, gonna have to talk to that boyo.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thursday, 4/28?? by cjs (Oh I hope you do lik...)
I've got some leftover lamb - I'm thinking a shepherds pie. Or it could just be some leftover lamb, potatoes, and the mixed veggies. Yeah - that's the plan!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thursday, 4/28?? by Harborwitch (I've got some leftov...)
Yeah, no beans for John, but considering how much shorter his no list is now compared to when we first married, I'm not complaining!

I liked the topping, particularly the brightness the lime added, and the crunch from the veggies, but I think I prefer Cincinnati Chili over pasta rather than with crackers. That's how we always ate it when I was growing up, with garnishes of onions, cheese, and sour cream.