Chocolate Cake Recipe?
  Re: (...)
Has anyone made this cake? If so, did it taste as good as it looks? I got it from one of my favorite facebook pages - Noble Pig Winery, but they say it's adapted from a Cuisine at Home recipe.

I am soooo not a baker but am thinking about making this for next Saturday's Mother's Day/Kentucky Derby get together with my family.

http://noblepig.com/2011/04/25/old-fashi...icing.aspx
  Re: Chocolate Cake Recipe? by Trixxee (Has anyone made this...)
Good Lord, Trixxee, it took me 20 minutes to get away from those delicious looking sausages!!!!! I'm so ready to make sausages again.

Yes, the cake looks wonderful, also. Haven't made it and better not make it.

Wow this salad looks good also - Roasted Radish & Potato Salad
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Chocolate Cake Recipe? by cjs (Good Lord, Trixxee, ...)
I love Noble Pig! If you're on FB, look them up and like them. I've gotten quite a few recipes from them (including the plum glazed chicken). I also like this on FB:

http://www.facebook.com/update_security_...og/274698211792

Oh, and Republic of Jam!
  Re: Re: Chocolate Cake Recipe? by Trixxee (I love Noble Pig! I...)
I've not made this cake, but I've made ones with vinegar before and imho they are not as good as most chocolate cakes, and I used to make a different one at least 3 times a year for many years. My favorite all time chocolate cake is CI's Bittersweet Chocolate Mousse Cake. It is super easy to make and is super rich without needing any frosting (though very, very light sprinkle of powdered sugar and sliced fresh strawberries or raspberries take it over the top). It easily serves 12, and can be made the day before. I'd be happy to post the recipe if you'd like.
  Re: Re: Chocolate Cake Recipe? by Cubangirl (I've not made this c...)
Trixxee, I think I made that cake - but in cupcakes. If I remember right we thought they were good, but not great enough to repeat.

But, please take into consideration, I am not a baker. I never put all the blame on the recipe if I have to bake it.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Chocolate Cake Recipe? by esgunn (Trixxee, I think I ...)
I'm not familiar with that particular recipe, but in February's BH&G there was a recipe which I tried for my Mom's birthday. The Double Chocolate Cake is incredible. I gave up making "from scratch" cakes years ago, but thought that Mom's 75 birthday cake deserved better than a boxed mix. This is my "go to" chocolate cake from now on, and it's so easy!
http://www.bhg.com/recipe/chocolate-cake...late-cake/

An accompanying recipe, Classic Vanilla Cake is great, too. I made it for a friend's birthday and added coconut rum and coconut flavoring. It was awesome.

Oh, and I also made the chocolate as cupcakes for my birthday.
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com