VOT-Early Spring in the Mountains of NC
  Re: (...)
Here is the slideshow of our trip. It is very raw, but I knew if I didn't post it now, it would be DAYS before I had a chance. As you will see, Spring has not yet sprung in the mountains, but it is beautiful, none the less! And I finally got a chance to play with my new zoom lens, so forgive the repetition of some scenes. Again, unedited, just the raw photos, straight from the camera. There were lots of climbers repelling yesterday. It was such a blue bird day! And check out that cute couple! That's my baby boy and his new fiancé!

Early Spring in the Mountains of NC 2011
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: VOT-Early Spring in the Mountains of NC by Gourmet_Mom (Here is the slidesho...)

wonderful pictures - I love the mountains - Cute Son and Fiance!

Looks like you had fun with your new zoom lens

Marye
Everything will be all right in the end. So if it is not right, then it's not yet the end.
  Re: Re: VOT-Early Spring in the Mountains of NC by mjkcooking ([br]wonderful pictur...)
Beautiful photos, Daphne!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: VOT-Early Spring in the Mountains of NC by Mare749 (Beautiful photos, Da...)
Beautiful!
  Re: Re: VOT-Early Spring in the Mountains of NC by Trixxee (Beautiful!...)
That is rough country - great pictures. And, Andrew and Tracie make a great couple!! This is the summer of C@H offspring engagements, I guess...who will be next???
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: VOT-Early Spring in the Mountains of NC by Gourmet_Mom (Here is the slidesho...)
Fun Pictures Daphmne! And Cute couple. Congrats to your boy!
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: VOT-Early Spring in the Mountains of NC by esgunn (Fun Pictures Daphmne...)
Really great photos! Wow it is beautiful there. It makes me want to buy a motorhome and travel across the country. And a big contratulations to your son and his new fiance Nice looking couple.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: VOT-Early Spring in the Mountains of NC by luvnit (Really great photos!...)
Well, I guess it's too soon for Laura to be making any anouncements such as Daphne and Bill have lately, huh? (but your day is coming, Laura...)
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: VOT-Early Spring in the Mountains of NC by cjs (That is rough countr...)
Beautiful pictures Daphne. Andrew and his fiance look so happy - darling couple.

You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: VOT-Early Spring in the Mountains of NC by Harborwitch (Beautiful pictures D...)
Love the pictures!! I figured that river would be raging with snow melt, but it looked really calm. When I saw the repellers I thought OMG who does that for fun?! The flowers are beautiful Just think of what it'll look like in a couple of weeks from now.

Andrew is adorable. Do they have a date set yet?