Osama Bin Laden
  Re: (...)
He is dead, and US military killed him. God forgive me, but God Bless America, and may the families of 911 find solice and peace--forgive me also, but
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Osama Bin Laden by Old Bay (He is dead, and US m...)
I totally agree! BG called to let us know about the news release. I am glad I was awake to hear it! GO USA!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

I feel the same way!

Marye
Everything will be all right in the end. So if it is not right, then it's not yet the end.
I walked in from work and have been glued to the news since! This is freakin' amazing - and I have to agree with your sentiments Bill!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Osama Bin Laden by Harborwitch (I walked in from wor...)
I am more scared now that before. It took 10 years to find him and do him in. In all that time, there have been new recruits and his crazy followers have matured in their evil mission. I hope I'm wrong, but I'm guessing there is going to be some serious retribution attempted on Americans.

Just received the Worldwide Travel Alert Here is the first paragraph...

The U.S. Department of State alerts U.S. citizens traveling and residing abroad to the enhanced potential for anti-American violence given recent counter-terrorism activity in Pakistan. Given the uncertainty and volatility of the current situation, U.S. citizens in areas where recent events could cause anti-American violence are strongly urged to limit their travel outside of their homes and hotels and avoid mass gatherings and demonstrations. U.S. citizens should stay current with media coverage of local events and be aware of their surroundings at all times. This Travel Alert expires August 1, 2011.
  Re: Re: Osama Bin Laden by HomeCulinarian (I am more scared now...)
I am elated! I just turned on the news. Bullet to the head was it?
  Re: Re: Osama Bin Laden by Trixxee (I am elated! I just...)
Quote:

I am elated! I just turned on the news. Bullet to the head was it?

Navy Seals.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Osama Bin Laden by Old Bay ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Jeannette, I'm feeling exactly like you!! I'm so glad the Seals got him, but what now....

I wish I could be at Ground Zero today.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Osama Bin Laden by Old Bay ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
A friend shared this last night!

May 1st Prayer...Now I lay me down to sleep...one less terrorist this world does keep...with all my heart I give my thanks...to those in uniform regardless of ranks...you serve our country and serve it well...with humble hearts your stories tell...so as I rest my weary eyes...while freedom rings our flag still flies...you give your all, do what you must..with God we live and in God we trust..Amen
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Osama Bin Laden by Harborwitch (A friend shared this...)
I found out this morning that this terrible and evil man has finally been eliminated from this earth. I pray that there are not 10 more to take his place. I am thankful for our military and their families. I am saddened that it has take nearly 10 years to accomplish this.

Because this was on TV today, I took the time to explain it to my children. At their level of course. I hope we never have to see something like that again.

We were all touched that day, personally, by 9/11. For me, I was pregnant with Maggie and I worked downtown in the tallest building in Minneapolis at a law firm. My husband called me and told me to leave and get out of the building because he was worried about us. Shortly afterward, they evacuated the whole building and we were sent home.

I went home and watched in disbelief and amazment at what was happening.

I am glad he is gone.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura