What's for dinner? Monday - 5/2/2011
  Re: (...)
I hope I am not reposting this. I could not find a thread for it.

Okay for dinner tonight I pulled out of the freezer Zucchini Parmesan Soup and I am making custard rich rolls! I love those rollsSmile
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: What's for dinner? Monday - 5/2/2011 by luvnit (I hope I am not repo...)
Thanks Laura for starting the thread!!

I made a crab dip to take yesterday and saved a portion of it to use as a leftover (YES, another book idea..... ) with some rice....We'll see how it is.

I also have some little peas in the greenhouse to pick!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for dinner? Monday - 5/2/2011 by cjs (Thanks Laura for sta...)
I'm making seared scallops with tomato beurre blanc over sauteed spinach and probably some couscous.
  Re: Re: What's for dinner? Monday - 5/2/2011 by Trixxee (I'm making seared sc...)
Well the work hours this weekend were wild - made hard to think about dinner. Today and tomorrow it's 3:30 to 7:30 again - I'd planned on grilled chicken with pineapple salsa, but the weather is getting crappy.

You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's for dinner? Monday - 5/2/2011 by Harborwitch (Well the work hours ...)
I am re-heating some chicken tortilla soup in the freezer.

Steph is positive for Strep throat again. This now makes each kids positive twice in the last 6 weeks. All three kids are on a new antibiotic to try and rid our family of this illness. I am so tired of it.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: What's for dinner? Monday - 5/2/2011 by esgunn (I am re-heating some...)
Erin, that's just awful. I hope the new prescription does the trick.

Dinner tonight is leftover this and that from the party yesterday. Also, have a pot of bean soup cooking with a nice big ham bone from Easter. That should fill several containers for the freezer. And, I mixed up the dough for 18 hour no-knead bread, but am using the recipe for the sourdough rye that I got from breadtopia. Last, but not least, I made a batch of pizzelle for Ron's lunches.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for dinner? Monday - 5/2/2011 by Mare749 (Erin, that's just aw...)
Erin, you poor thing! I can't believe how long this thing has held on! And the babies! I know they are so tired of being sick!

Maryann, you make me so jealous to be at home and cooking like a storm!

Tonight is a beef and broccoli stir fry with rice. I had some broccoli that needed to be used and luckily picked up a couple of flank steaks at Sam's last week. Quick and easy after the first day back. Speaking of which, I need to get on with it! It will be a late dinner after checking in and catching up with Mom and BG from the trip!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for dinner? Monday - 5/2/2011 by Gourmet_Mom (Erin, you poor thing...)
Erin, I'm so sorry!! It's tough enough to be home with just one sick kiddo. 3 who keep getting sick while Steve is overseas is just awful. Your entire family is in my prayers, Steve especially, but you're getting all my mom prayers, because you Really deserve them!

We had some chicken stuffed with goat cheese and spinach (the spinach just adds color and packing ability) wrapped in prosciutto and grilled. I served it with a brown rice pilaf and green beans. It was tasty, but I still want to eat a Trixxee's house. I LOVE seared scallops.
  Re: Re: What's for dinner? Monday - 5/2/2011 by karyn (Erin, I'm so sorry!!...)
Erin I echo what Karyn said.

We wound up having nachos. I'm going to take Jean's advice and try to get our big meal at noon (ish) tomorrow. It's too whacky to come home at 7:30 or 8 and get motivated enough to cook. I also didn't plan on working 4 in a row - I know "whine, whine, whine"
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's for dinner? Monday - 5/2/2011 by Harborwitch (Erin I echo what Kar...)
I'd be whining too, going back to work after a few years off. I hope you can work the mid-day meal into your schedules, it sure works for us.

Oh Erin, here you go again, with the round-robin ills. At least you had sunshine in your life for a couple of days.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com