What's For Dinner, Wed., 5/4??
  Re: (...)
What's on everyone's menu for today??

For us, Cinco de Mayo, part 1 -
family tacos (with brisket I slow cooked yesterday in beer)
Bean & Cheese Tamales (a Sandra Lee recipe)
Late snack: Mole Nachos

I seem to be watching her (Sandra Lee) more often 'cause she's on when I ride the bike and the tamales sounded like more fun to play with than the ingredients, but they don't sound too bad either. She does start the mind thinking on short cuts.

The Mole naches I want to try using the Mole recipe that is in the B.B. & Corn book that I do like, and two commercial products I found somewhere a couple months ago. sorry, seem to be rambling this a.m.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's For Dinner, Wed., 5/4?? by cjs (What's on everyone's...)
I like when you ramble, Jean. It inspires me to get my butt moving.

Tonight we're having Polish sausage and sauerkraut with mashed potatoes. This is "celebrate your Polish heritage" week in our neighborhood, so we're doing our part!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner, Wed., 5/4?? by Mare749 (I like when you ramb...)
Oh man, Roy will be so sorry we couldn't carry on the same dinners one more night!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner, Wed., 5/4?? by cjs (Oh man, Roy will be...)
I got railroaded into joining the choir, so I'll be eating at the church. I guess I'm having leftover leftovers for lunch tomorrow.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner, Wed., 5/4?? by Gourmet_Mom (I got railroaded int...)
"Bean & Cheese Tamales (a Sandra Lee recipe)_

AWFUL!!! 40 years ago I threw away a dinner Roy & I made with dried shrimp...today I threw away the tamales after one bite (that I discreetly spit in the garbage) - twice in over 40 years is not a bad average, but man, those were so bad.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner, Wed., 5/4?? by cjs ("Bean & Cheese Tamal...)
Sorry to hear that Jean. I lament the effort more than the waste of food when that happens. Look at it this way, I don't feel so badly if these things even happen to a "real chef"! You give me encouragement to overcome that yukky soup experiment from last night.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner, Wed., 5/4?? by chef_Tab (Sorry to hear that J...)
You're right, Theresa, I think this happens to everyone now and again...darn it.

Tell you what tho, after two Brendaritas, I'm ready to say - what tamales????
www.achefsjourney.com