Margarita Sorbet
  Re: (...)
I was going to call this "Brendarita Sorbet" but only my friends would know what I was talking about, so here is "Margarita Sorbet" and is it ever good!! (I say modestly )

Margarita Sorbet

2 cups water
1 cup sugar
2/3 cup Jose Cuervo Margarita Mix
6 T. tequila
4 T. triple sec
1 T. cointreau
2 tsp. orange juice

Stir water and sugar in a heavy medium saucepan over medium heat until sugar dissolves. Increase heat and bring to a boil. Pour into a medium bowl and let cool, 10 minutes.

Add the margarita mix, triple sec, tequila, cointreau and orange juice; chill in the refrigerator until cold, about 2 hours.

Transfer sorbet mixture to an ice cream maker and process according to manufacturer’s instruction. Transfer to a container, cover and freeze until firm, about 2 hours. Makes 1 quart.

Freeze margarita glasses for 1 hour, then scoop the sorbet into the frozen glasses and serve immediately.

To make a granita: Add an additional 1 cup water to the sugar/water mixture; continue with adding the other ingredients then freeze in a bowl until semi-firm, whisking occasionally, about 3 hours. Cover and freeze until solid, at least 4 hours or overnight. To serve: scrape the surface with a fork to form crystals, and scoop into frozen glasses. Serve immediately.

edited to add:
I should have waited for the pictures -

[Image: MargaritaSorbet2.jpg]
[Image: MargaritaSorbet.jpg]
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Margarita Sorbet by cjs (I was going to call ...)
OH MY! I am going to have to make this over the summer for sure!!!! Thanks Jean! You work so hard on coming up with these recipes and then share then selflessly with us. Thank you!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Margarita Sorbet by Gourmet_Mom (OH MY! I am going t...)
You're welcome - it would be great having with the summers you all have back there.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Margarita Sorbet by cjs (You're welcome - it ...)
Oh yeah, this is soooooooo my sister's number!!

Thanks!!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Margarita Sorbet by BarbaraS (Oh yeah, this is soo...)
Thank you so much, Jean. I thought I had copied this the first time you posted it a couple of years back, but for some reason couldn't locate it. This is on the top of the list for the first warm weather day we get.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Margarita Sorbet by Mare749 (Thank you so much, J...)
Looks really good, and I can almost feel the brain freeze I would get from eating it too fast!!!
  Re: Re: Margarita Sorbet by HomeCulinarian (Looks really good, a...)
Yum Yum Yum!!!!
  Re: Re: Margarita Sorbet by DFen911 (Yum Yum Yum!!!!...)
Oh geez, Maryann - did I do this before?? I thought this was so original.... My, I miss my mind.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Margarita Sorbet by cjs (Oh geez, Maryann - d...)
I don't know for sure, Jean, but if you did, it's been a few years and might not even be the same recipe. Thanks again!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."