T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 5/6?
  Re: (...)
What's on everyone's menu for today?

I'm making the Creamy Baked Chicken Taquitos that Karyn posted a few days ago. Yum, they sound so good.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 5/6? by cjs (What's on everyone's...)
Fridge is full of leftovers from the week... We'll be having that.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 5/6? by HomeCulinarian (Fridge is full of le...)
I'm trying a new recipe for pork tenderloin. It's marinated, then stuffed, tied, and grilled. I'm hoping this gorgeous weather will last all day. Haven't decided on the veggie yet, but I'm thinking maybe green beans.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 5/6? by cjs (What's on everyone's...)
We're having our Cinco de Mayo dinner today. It just didn't work out yesterday. Off today so we'll see . . . if the weather holds we'll grill the chicken.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 5/6? by Harborwitch (We're having our Cin...)
Aiming for a red coconut chicken curry. I've got a lot of basil and limes that needs to be used.

And I'm making that chocolate cake I posted about the other day. Wish me luck - I'm no baker!
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 5/6? by Trixxee (Aiming for a red coc...)
Well, I was looking at these:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kevincollin...878881208/

and for some, unknown reason, I suddenly knew what I must cook!
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 5/6? by farnfam (Well, I was looking...)
e-e-e-e-e-ew-w-w--w-w

Well, my taquitos will be smaller in number than what the recipe should make.....that filling is wonderful to nibble on.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 5/6? by cjs (e-e-e-e-e-ew-w-w--w-...)
I have done a complete turnaround. After running to the grocery store for cake ingredients and wine , I passed by the seafood counter. King crab legs still on sale for $10.99/lb. Yum!
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 5/6? by Trixxee (I have done a comple...)
Oh my those Taquitos are delicious!! One note of caution tho, being as how I am the queen of 'do ahead' - don't fill the tortillas until you're ready to complete them. I had leftover corn and flour so used both and the corn dried out a little had some cracks - the flour didn't crack, but they weren't quite as tasty as the ones using corn tortillas.

Thanks for posting the recipe, Karyn!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 5/6? by Trixxee (I have done a comple...)
Gotta agree with you, Jean! EWWWW!

Trixxee, I'd have to go with the crab legs, too!

Cricket and I are having our usual steak night!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.