Morher's (Mother's) Day - What's for Dinner??
  Re: (...)
Don't know whether to have a separate thread or not, but what the heck, let's go for it. What's happening today?

I have planned my brunch around a beverage. I love Gin Fizzes and haven't had one since our houseboat days, and since they are so filling, we just going to have some British bacon and a coffee cake.

Dinner will be one more Mexican dish - Beef fajitas and maybe churros... with champagne

When I got up this a.m., there are two pkgs. on the island with a huge boquet of flowers.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Morher's (Mother's) Day - What's for Dinner?? by cjs (Don't know whether t...)
Happy Mothers' Day to all the Mothers here!

What a wonderful day you have started.

The plan is a pork roast in the crockpot with sasparilla, asparagus, and the scalloped corn from "Black Beans & Corn" (it just sounds so comforting and wonderful!!!).

We've got a bottle of champagne ready & waiting.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Morher's Day - What's for Dinner?? by Harborwitch (Happy Mothers' Day t...)
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY, EVERYONE!!

Oh my, I was going to post the recipes for Ramos Fizzes, but after two batches, I don't think so!! (but, it is on page 200 of a Chef's Journey...Home)

And, the Blueberry Coffee cake - what a winner this is. Will post tomorrow.

Have a good day everyone.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Morher's Day - What's for Dinner?? by cjs (HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY, ...)
I am making schnitzel, baked potatoes with sour cream and chives, and steamed asparagus. It is my one day off this week so I caught up on cleaning, laundry and grocery shopping. Now I am enjoying a cold glass of Geisenheim and it isn't even 5pm! Ha!
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Morher's Day - What's for Dinner?? by chef_Tab (I am making schnitze...)
Good for you, Theresa!!

Well, it's nice to know I can bake even full of Ramos Fizzes - made some churros for dessert tonight (hope there are some left!) Did share with some neighbors.

[Image: ChurrosMay8.jpg]

Forgot to take a picture of the coffee cake after it was done. Oh my, was it good!! will post recipe laer.
[Image: BlueberryCoffeeCake.jpg]

Now, it's time to go read my new Grisham book.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Morher's Day - What's for Dinner?? by cjs (Good for you, Theres...)
I think it is Papa Murphy's take and bake pizza, even though nobody is hungry. Had Red Robin for lunch. We were up early and at Stephanies level 4 state championship gymnastics meet today up in Bellevue. She got 5th place for her class and age group! Way to Go Stephanie!

Finally gymnastics meet season is over! Yay for me!
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Morher's Day - What's for Dinner?? by esgunn (I think it is Papa M...)
Grilled rib-eyes, baked potatoes and corn on the cob. I'm still recuperating from way too much fun watching the Kentucky Derby so I need easy! BTW, I bet $5 on Animal Kingdom to win. $109.50! Thank you Animal Kingdom - see you in two weeks at the Preakness....
  Re: Re: Morher's Day - What's for Dinner?? by Trixxee (Grilled rib-eyes, ba...)
Well we've been without power since 2am. Just got it back on at 4:30. I still don't want to open my fridge till it gets back down to temp. So I think it'll just be salad.
  Re: Re: Morher's Day - What's for Dinner?? by cjs (Good for you, Theres...)
Jean those churros look divine!!! That coffee cake looks pretty darn good too! It has been forever since I've made a coffee cake - I wonder why??????

Everyone's dinner sounds good. Geeze Denise - I hate it when that happens!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Morher's Day - What's for Dinner?? by Harborwitch (Jean those churros l...)
Well, lunch today was AWESOME! We met Mom at the restaurant after picking up Ashley. She picked the place. It was PERFECT! The weather was perfect and the location was better. We had a table on the deck at the railing overlooking the waterway. Lots of boats passing...so fun. Ashley and I picked the Grilled Fish. She was hoping for Tuna, but I was hoping for Grouper. Luckily, they had both today!!!! She got hers on a sandwich with slaw, I got mine on a Caesar that was HUGE! William had fried shrimp, his usual. Mom got the Shrimp Burger. William ordered Calimari for an appie. Everything was very good!

As I mentioned in the Review thread, I finally made the review dinner for tonight.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.