What's for Dinner, Thursday, 5/12??
  Re: (...)
What's on everyone's menu for today??

Another casserole type dish for us - more things to use up. marinara, old frozen raviolis, meatballs.....

But, a challenge this weekend - Houseboat Don is coming up and will the dishes ever be different than anything we've ever cooked up before. My challenge is to make it interesting, easy for him to prepare and delicious.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Thursday, 5/12?? by cjs (What's on everyone's...)
It's finally grilling weather here, so I'm thinking steak and salad.

Glad to hear that HD is well enough to come visit. Will you have to follow dietary restrictions?
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thursday, 5/12?? by Mare749 (It's finally grillin...)
I'm going to try.... It's so foreign to Don.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thursday, 5/12?? by cjs (I'm going to try.......)
Is he restricting salt & fats or salt, fat, and liquids???

I'm so glad you're getting a chance to get together! I know you'll all have fun and great food!

I have no idea tonight. The chile verdi was so good last night! That might be dinner - at noon today. I'll add the salad.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thursday, 5/12?? by Harborwitch (Is he restricting sa...)
I'm just thnking plain old heart healthy dishes - which encompasses all to a certain degree. I've been successful with just lowering all the bad stuff a little without giving up flavor and fun or going overboard.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thursday, 5/12?? by cjs (I'm just thnking pla...)
Jean I think it's all a matter of balance. We do "good" days and now and then a splurge. I don't think I'll ever get back to a body fat less than 20% again, but we certainly try to be careful about what we eat on so many counts now.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thursday, 5/12?? by Harborwitch (Jean I think it's al...)
Oh, I agree and that's what we try to do - overall, but this is all new to Don. if it clogs the artieries he loves it. That's what I'm working with.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thursday, 5/12?? by cjs (Oh, I agree and that...)
Good luck, Jean! What a challenge! But I know you're up to it. And, I know you guys will have a great time!

I'm in the mood for old school. I'm fixing Salisbury Steak, mashers and peas. Not exactly heart healthy, but hopefully I'll get into the fresh veggies soon. PLUS I'm off my meal planning again, actually never really got back on....POOH! That's my summer goal. If I can get back into the routine for a while, it will become second nature next year when school starts back.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thursday, 5/12?? by Gourmet_Mom (Good luck, Jean! Wh...)
I purposely planned for leftover hawaiian braised pork. We have an open house to go to at the junior high for all new incoming students/families.

I don't know why every school doesn't do this. It's held 90 minutes prior to the real open house. This way new families can tour the school, meet some teachers and see the class work being produced without throngs and throngs of people.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thursday, 5/12?? by Trixxee (I purposely planned ...)
That is a good idea, Trixxee.
www.achefsjourney.com