Ever hear of Veal Salt?
  Re: (...)
Saw this on Michael Ruhlman's blog. This was the contest winner for the best use of veal stock. There were some other very interesting recipes as well.

http://ruhlman.com/2011/05/veal-salt/
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Ever hear of Veal Salt? by Mare749 (Saw this on Michael ...)
What a brilliant freakin' idea!!! This could be incredible for so many things. Thank you for sharing, it's bookmarked so I can go back and try this.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Ever hear of Veal Salt? by Harborwitch (What a brilliant fre...)
darn, I'll try to keep this thread at the top - can't read today.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Ever hear of Veal Salt? by cjs (Damn, I'll try to ke...)
bumping it for you
  Re: Re: Ever hear of Veal Salt? by Harborwitch (bumping it for you[b...)
I LOVE this! Summer Project!!!!! I've never made veal stock....never ate veal, actually. (Can't get past that baby calf thing.) ANYWAY, I think I could deal with making the stock and the salt, though. I figure, if I LOVE the flavor, I'll be able to get past the baby calf thing to eat the meat. (Sad logic, but maybe it'll work...LOL!)

And I'm sooooo wanting to make me some SP chips! I love the fries, so I KNOW I'd love the chips! Even William wanted to see the recipe for the chips! He may actually beat me to making them!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Ever hear of Veal Salt? by Mare749 (Saw this on Michael ...)
This is so way cool!!! Thanks for the link!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Ever hear of Veal Salt? by BarbaraS (This is so way cool!...)
Super cool for veal, but oh my the possibilities. The first one that comes to mind of course is bacon, can you imagine being able to use homemade bacon salt to get bacon flavor in salads, eggs, etc? Also herbs and citrus, the possibilities are endless. I think if you are going to have the oven on for one, might as well do a whole bunch of different kinds at one time, maybe smaller amounts to try to see it they work first.
  Re: Re: Ever hear of Veal Salt? by Cubangirl (Super cool for veal,...)
Oh Maryann, I'm so glad you found this - how interesting. I'm so anxious, with everyone else to give this a try. Thanks.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Ever hear of Veal Salt? by cjs (Oh Maryann, I'm so g...)
Doesn't it just sound like sooooo much fun! The mind just wants to be left alone to play with ideas!
  Re: Re: Ever hear of Veal Salt? by Harborwitch (Doesn't it just soun...)
Thanks everybody. I'm thinking it will be a fun thing to try.

CG, I love your idea for bacon salt. BTW, if anyone is interested, Ruhlman also had an interesting article about the use of nitrates in bacon. I never knew nitrates came from plants...
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."