this version of the 18 hours bread??

18 hour Bread - New Version - Fast No-Knead Whole Wheat Bread - By Mark Bittman

2 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 cup coarse corn meal
1/2 cup whole rye flour
1 teaspoon instant yeast
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
Oil as needed

1. Combine flours, corn meal, yeast and salt in a large bowl. Add 1 1/2 cups water and stir until blended; dough will be shaggy. Cover bowl with plastic wrap. Let dough rest about 4 hours at warm room temperature, about 70 degrees.

2. Oil a standard loaf pan (8 or 9 x4; nonstick works well); lightly oil your hands and shape the dough into a rough rectangle. Put it in the pan, pressing it out to the edges. Brush the top with a little more oil. Cover with plastic wrap and let rest at least minutes more.

3. When you're ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350 F. Bake about 45 minutes, or until the loaf reaches an internal temperature of 210 F. Remove the bread from the pan and cool on a rack.

-----
If so, how did you like it? I have a batch going now and because of the density, I'm really tempted to let it 'ferment' longer that the 4 hours.......
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Has Anyone Made - ? by cjs (this version of the ...)
I made this a long time ago. It's very good. I'd love to make another loaf, thanks for the reminder. Tonya said I can bring my bread down to the restaurant to bake it!!!!! Probably have to bring extra loaves to share.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Has Anyone Made - ? by Harborwitch (I made this a long t...)
And, because of the density, I added an extra 1/4 cup water...hopefully it won't hurt.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Has Anyone Made - ? by cjs (And, because of the ...)
I know you're excited about that, Sharon! You have really been missing making your bread. Maybe with a few loaves shared here and there, you'll be able to start cooking pizza down there, as well. That would be interesting! They'll never let you go if you start sharing those....LOL!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Has Anyone Made - ? by Gourmet_Mom (I know you're excite...)
Yes, I made that one a while back, Jean. I liked it, but Ron is not a fan of whole wheat/whole grain types of bread, so it's not something I make very often. It was very dense and did not have the nice big holes the way it does when its made with white flour. I made two small loaves out of it and gave one to my dad, since he does like that type. I remember thinking that it was so heavy that I could use it for a doorstop!

Also made the 18 hour rye bread not too long ago and that was really tasty. I used the recipe that is on breadtopia.com.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Has Anyone Made - ? by Mare749 (Yes, I made that one...)
Life has soooo gotten in the way of my cooking and baking. I'm missing it terribly. Soon....Very Very Soon!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Has Anyone Made - ? by Gourmet_Mom (I know you're excite...)
I so miss the home made bread!!! That'll be fun, first out is going to be popcorn bread & buns

I've dialed in the pizza - I got a cast iron griddle! Heat the convection/microwave to 450 (the hottest it gets!), put the pizza on the griddle and cook it on a med/high burner for 3 to 5 minutes then put in the oven. Works like a charm!

I've shared pizza twice now -
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Has Anyone Made - ? by Harborwitch (I so miss the home m...)
Congratulations Sharon on overcoming your oven problem!

Well, I'm like Ron, I am completely underwhelmed with this bread - everything I like, but just doesn't appeal to me. I will try it toasted this a.m. before I get rid of it.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Has Anyone Made - ? by cjs (Congratulations Shar...)
I made small croutons with it, Jean and used it on top of soup. The birds got the rest.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."