T.G.I.F. - What's for Dinner, 5/13??
  Re: (...)
OOOOOhhhh, Friday the 13th!! Be careful today. So, what's on the menu for everyone?

I'm up in the air - depends on what our company brings to fix.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. - What's for Dinner, 5/13?? by cjs (OOOOOhhhh, Friday th...)
Have fun with your company, Jean! We'll be at the winery most of the day. He has some pork spare ribs marinating, so we'll grill them while we're there.We've been getting great corn, so may grill that also.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. - What's for Dinner, 5/13?? by Lorraine (Have fun with your c...)
Oh that's right - Friday the 13th......

Bone-in rib-eyes were still on sale for $4.99/lb so we'll have that with corn on the cob and some kind of potato, not sure on that part yet. I'm going to lunch with a friend and there is always a glass of wine involved. That means come 4:00 I'll be ready for a nap and it might just be a regular old baked potato.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. - What's for Dinner, 5/13?? by Trixxee (Oh that's right - Fr...)
Didn't even notice it was Friday the 13th until I checked in here! I haven't thought about what to make for dinner tonight. Hubby is taking the afternoon off to work in the yard, then we will go dancing later. Something on the grill sounds good to me!
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. - What's for Dinner, 5/13?? by HomeCulinarian (Didn't even notice i...)
Going to Chinatown with Heather for lunch in a few minutes. We're going to have pho at a vietnamese place that is popular, then go to Asia Foods.

Dinner has yet to be determined because she also wants us to go to an Indians game tonight downtown with her hubbie and the kids. So, dinner may be on the fly.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. - What's for Dinner, 5/13?? by Mare749 (Going to Chinatown w...)
Probably chicken soup, still feel like a train ran over me.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. - What's for Dinner, 5/13?? by DFen911 (Probably chicken sou...)
Poor Baby and it's the weekend. Bad timing, Denise.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. - What's for Dinner, 5/13?? by cjs (Poor Baby and it's t...)
Hope you feel better soon, Denise.

I brought home a whole fresh tilapia from the Asian market that we went to after lunch. I still needed to pick up the tamarind for the mystery dinner. Also got some Chinese fried bread, one is slightly sweet with sesame seeds, and the other one is savory and has shrimp and onions. Very tasty!

So, I will probably marinate the fish in an asian sauce, then onto the grill. Bought some bok choy for a cole slaw salad. I think we're skipping the ballgame, it looks like more rain is headed our way.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. - What's for Dinner, 5/13?? by Mare749 (Hope you feel better...)
Pulled pork sandwiches made in the crockpot with coca cola. Never done that before but sounded interesting.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. - What's for Dinner, 5/13?? by piano226 (Pulled pork sandwich...)
Well, well, Marina - great minds..... we had a snack before company arrived and I pulled some pulled ( ) pork from the freezer. Needed a picture of pulled pork slider. Man, they were good too!!

[Image: MiniPulledPorkSandwices.jpg]

[Image: MinePulledPorkSandwiches13May-1.jpg]

think I need a whole platter of them to look the way I want....but, they were delicious.
www.achefsjourney.com