Seafood Bonanza!!
  Re: (...)
Heart failure?? What heart failure??? Well, Don showed up with another ice chest full of goodies from Central Market. Oysters, Prawns, white Beech (bunapi) mushrooms, Ahi Tuna, Crab, Clams, mussels..... Thank God it was all seafood, at least it's easier to be a little more healthy. So, we went the small plates route.

There must be another 15 or 20 oysters in the bag, but I only grilled 5 for us
[Image: Oysters-1.jpg]

The Ahi tuna was gorgeous, three beautiful steaks, about 1 1/4" thick. I fixed 1 1/2 steaks for us to share plus pasta tossed with a little truffle oil & truffle salt and just a hint of Parmesan. Sauteed the mushrooms in a little butter and truffle oil. OMG, the flavors all together were just fantastic - and, it wasn't too bad healthwise for him.
[Image: AhitunawithBeechmushrooms.jpg]

I'm going to try to get two more dishes out of the tuna - Hawaiian Poke and ???? Any ideas?

Don't know how we're going to consume all of this in the next 30 hours before he goes home!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Seafood Bonanza!! by cjs (Heart failure?? What...)
Wish I was there to help. The pasta dish is beautiful!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
OMG! What a wonderful, generous mystery box! Dinner looks good, Jean! I can't wait to see what else you make! Don picked the perfect protein to play with, that's for sure!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Sounds like a fun food weekend!

Cut a tuna steak into sticks and put them in the freezer.

Lay out one egg roll wrapper for each tuna stick. Lay a spinach leaf or two on the egg roll wrapper (enough to wrap around the tuna). Put a smear of wasabi on the center of the spinach. Cover and set aside until ready to cook.

Heat oil to 375. Remove the tuna sticks from the freezer, wrap each stick in the egg roll/spinach wrapper. Deep fry until just golden brown. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce. Yum.

By freezing the tuna it will stay as close to raw as possible. If you like your tuna a little more cooked you can skip the freezer step.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Seafood Bonanza!! by Harborwitch (Sounds like a fun fo...)
Oh my.... look at those oysters....

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Seafood Bonanza!! by BarbaraS (Oh my.... look at th...)
Sharon, that sounds really good!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Seafood Bonanza!! by Gourmet_Mom (Sharon, that sounds ...)
Everything sounds and looks delicious!
  Re: Re: Seafood Bonanza!! by Trixxee (Everything sounds an...)
All I can say is WOW!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Seafood Bonanza!! by Lorraine (All I can say is WOW...)
O.K., champagne brunch is behnd us -
CrabCake Sliders –
[Image: CrabCakeSliders14May.jpg]

Condiments: Mango & Pineapple Salsa with Lemon Aioli, Tartar Sauce, Garlic Coulis, Wasabi-Avocado sauce.
[Image: CondimentsforSliders.jpg]

Sharon, Roy was at the store when I read your post about the freezing tuna, so I called him and the darn phone rang behind me...he didn't take it with him. But, I sure want to try those.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Seafood Bonanza!! by cjs (O.K., champagne brun...)
Wow, all of your pics are making me hungry, Jean!

What type of bread recipe are you using for the slider buns? I'm thinking that could be a chapter in itself!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."