What's for Sunday Dinner, 5/15?
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone??

I'm making a Shrimp Frittata for breakfast, getting Don on the road and then I'm collapsing. Maybe soup from the freezer for dinner.

Oh my, is there anything better than a frittata for using up leftovers in a delicious way??
[Image: CIMG0885.jpg]

I'm officially done cooking for a couple of days now.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 5/15? by cjs (What's on the menu ...)
Another beautiful picture!

Well, I think Tony's making ham and bean soup from an Easter ham bone we froze.

First though is brunch at the Orange County Mining Co. to celebrate my big win yesterday! With about 30 seconds to go before the race started, I bet $1 on the Super High 5 at Hollywood Park yesterday. You have to pick the first 5 finishes in exact order.

$1 = $1440. Go me! I can pretty much guarantee you that will never happen again in my lifetime.
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 5/15? by Trixxee (Another beautiful pi...)
With William's new diet, I wasn't very motivated to make the chicken yesterday...just ate leftovers. I went to the kitchen last night as he was preparing his dinner. He noticed the spaghetti ingredients I had picked up for a possible dinner. He said if I was making spaghetti, he'd forgo his steak and raw veggies. I'm thinking he's looking forward to that tonight. We'll see. He had fried shrimp for lunch, so he may want to wait. If he does want to wait, I'm making the stuffed chicken I mentioned yesterday....YUM!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 5/15? by Gourmet_Mom (With William's new d...)
Hey there, Trixxee!!! congratulations and I'm sure you can do it again, wouldn't that be something.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 5/15? by cjs (Hey there, Trixxee!!...)
I totally forgot to congratulate you, Trixxee!!!! I got so excited telling William about it, I forgot to put my comments on here...LOL! Well Done!!!!

Jean, that frittata looks awesome. (I don't know how I missed that picture the first time.) I'm guessing lots of yummy seafood in there? YUM!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 5/15? by Gourmet_Mom (I totally forgot to ...)
Yummy looking fritatta, Jean! Congratulations, Trixxee! That is so exciting! What are you going to do with your winnings?

It turned cold and is still raining here, so made a pot of turkey chili. I just can't believe all this rain, and it's suppose to rain again all week!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 5/15? by Mare749 (Yummy looking fritat...)
We're supposed to get better weather for a few days....and then, there's Bill & Jane and Texas drought. Go figure.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 5/15? by cjs (We're supposed to ge...)
Thanks guys! I am taking $1200 of it to keep for our vacation next April. (We are going back to Hawaii and taking my sister's family and possibly my mom with us). The rest I will leave in my TVG account for future betting. The Preakness is this Saturday, then the Belmont a couple of weeks after that.
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 5/15? by Trixxee (Thanks guys! I am t...)
Is there a favorite of yours running in the races, Trixxee?? Is there a hopeful for the triple crown? I don't follow horse racing too often, as you can tell.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 5/15? by cjs (Is there a favorite ...)
Animal Kingdom will be the favorite - he won the Derby. Unfortunately his odds will be something like 3-1, way down from his 20-1 odds at the Derby. I did bet $5 on him and it paid $109.50.

Another horse I like is Shackelford. Later in the week there will be lots of analysis on TVG so I will definitely be listening to some of that, as well as reading The Racing Form on Saturday morning. The roster keeps changing at this point - Wednesday is the deadline to commit to running.