The Endeavor Just Took Off!!!
  Re: (...)
Just givs me goosebumps to see a shuttle take off. And, it looks good. Stay safe, astronauts!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: The Endeavor Just Took Off!!! by cjs (Just givs me goosebu...)
Exactly what I'm thinking...exciting and scary at the same time. Come home safely, astronauts.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: The Endeavor Just Took Off!!! by Mare749 (Exactly what I'm thi...)
It's really something to see it in person, especially a night launch, as I saw. It was also cool to watch night launches from the beach in Daytona, where it was possible not only to see it takeoff, but also to watch it until it was a mere dot of light, appearing to disappear into the ocean but actually sinking below the horizon.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: The Endeavor Just Took Off!!! by labradors (It's really somethin...)
We have seen the launch from here before! When they have a night launch and skies are clear, we can see the flames from the boosters (whatever they're called). It's pretty cool, when you think about how far away we are.

I can't believe the shuttle program is over.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: The Endeavor Just Took Off!!! by Gourmet_Mom (We have seen the lau...)
Quote:

We have seen the launch from here before! When they have a night launch and skies are clear, we can see the flames from the boosters (whatever they're called). It's pretty cool, when you think about how far away we are.

I can't believe the shuttle program is over.

That's so awesome, Daphne! We were at DisneyWorld one year when a shuttle took off. We woke up early to watch it fly over. It was really amazing.

I, too, am very sad that the US space program is in its current state. It was such a source of pride for America for so many years....