Another way to serve those "mojito scallops"
  Re: (...)
from Karyn's birthday dinner
http://www.forums.cuisineathome.com/ubbt...ge=3#Post120933

I finally got around to making (only) the scallops over the weekend. It was so warm outside (I had spent most of the day moving shrubs), and I did not have the sweet potatoes that I thought I had, so I decided to make a salad.

[Image: IMG_2572.jpg]

It was wonderful and is such a perfect summer dinner. he only change I made was to add some chopped red bell pepper to the salsa.

Thanks so much for Karyn for bringing my attention to this recipe-- it will be repeated often in the next few months.
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Another way to serve those "mojito scallops" by foodfiend (from Karyn's birthda...)
Cool! Great colour, Vicci.

I still say it would be great to use fish, instead of scallops and then to use it for fish tacos.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Another way to serve those "mojito scallops" by labradors (Cool! Great colour,...)
I think this was a choice we all really enjoyed. Hope you'll try the sweet potatoes next time, Vicci, they just made the dish.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Another way to serve those "mojito scallops" by cjs (I think this was a c...)
I love the salad idea, and your photo is gorgeous!
  Re: Re: Another way to serve those "mojito scallops" by karyn (I love the salad ide...)
Beautiful!
  Re: Re: Another way to serve those "mojito scallops" by Trixxee (Beautiful!...)
Agreed! Very pretty and appetizing!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Another way to serve those "mojito scallops" by Mare749 (Agreed! Very pretty...)
I agree on the fish. That's what I'm using next time. I also agree that the sweet potatoes were wonderful! I'll probably make mine like this next time. It looks beautiful, Vicci!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Another way to serve those "mojito scallops" by Gourmet_Mom (I agree on the fish....)
I think I'm going to try to get to these on Friday night. Friday deserve something special!

On the mint - how much did you all buy? Was one of the fresh herb containers that usually cost around $2.60 enough or do I need to buy two? Between the scallops, salsa and potatoes it seems like one may not be enough.
  Re: Re: Another way to serve those "mojito scallops" by Trixxee (I think I'm going to...)
Trixxee, mint has such a strong flavor, and is so horrendously expensive buying it in those little packages, that I would say to get only one. But I'll acquiesce to the opinion of anyone who has bought it at the grocery store. Mine is growing like weeds. I wish you lived closer, I would mail you some!

I will definitely make this recipe with tilapia next... and the fish tacos idea is a wonderful one, Labs!

I went to buy sweet potatoes yesterday to make the accompanying recipe and they all looked horrible-- wrinkled and soft or moldy. Is it the end of sweet potato season? Or just a bad selection at that certain store?
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: Another way to serve those "mojito scallops" by foodfiend (Trixxee, mint has su...)
Vicci, we have sweet potatoes here all the time, but the season is late summer/early fall here....just like regular potatoes. I can't imagine seeing sweet potatoes such as you describe. I would be glad to send you some.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.