What's for Dinner, Tuesday 5/17?
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone tonight?

We have to make a quick trip to California this week, leaving this a.m.. and will have dinner with daughter, Tracie in Medford tonight. I think she is doing salmon.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday 5/17? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Have a safe trip, Jean. I think we're going to have leftover turkey chili in tortilla shells. Maybe a side of salad...
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday 5/17? by Mare749 (Have a safe trip, Je...)
We are having clean out the Fridge Night ! have lots of left overs.

Marye
Everything will be all right in the end. So if it is not right, then it's not yet the end.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday 5/17? by mjkcooking (We are having clean ...)
Hsve a great trip, Jean. We're having sauted chicken cutlets with a mushroom risotto and asparagus.
  Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday 5/17? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Have a great trip - travel safely. Wave to CA for us please.

We're having beef stew with parley dumplings. It just sounds so good to me.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday 5/17? by Harborwitch (Have a great trip - ...)
Yes - safe travels. We just had to get a new battery for our beast.

I'm taking it easy tonight and having leftover ham/bean soup and we'll split a toasted everything bagel. I don't think I want cornbread with it again. I also have some baby greens to dress up.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday 5/17? by Trixxee (Yes - safe travels. ...)
Have a safe trip, Jean and Roy! Give Tracie a hug for me!

I'm having the Sweet-Tangy Plum-Spiced Chicken with fried rice.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday 5/17? by Gourmet_Mom (Have a safe trip, Je...)
If I knew how to up load a picture I would.... first of all, Jean the olive dip was a "hit"... everyone loved it, thank you so much for the recipe, I used melba toast and Ritz Crackers with it.
AND the Strawberry ShortCake Pie was wonderful, so beautiful to look at (my guest took a picture of it) and e mailed it to his friends... this was easy and I would say it would be perfectly ok to make a day ahead! I was worried it would be soggy, but it was not. I plan on making this for Memorial day weekend guests! It looks super sweet, but it is not, for me it is just the right amount of sweet, lets the berry flavor come through with the overpowering sweetness of sugar. I do have one caution, when reducing the puree, keep stirring, keep an eye on it! I turned around and finished quartering my berries, and I almost burned the mixture, I had to take it out of the saute pan and wash the pan, because the bottom burnt (just a little) and then put it back in and finish it up! I don't have a web page, I have Apple "mobile me" gallery and I tried to upload a picture from there, but it would not take it... so I someone could walk me thru the process, I can show you what it looked like! Well, it was just like the picture in the current issue!
Thanks so much for all of your help, Dinner was a success and as Robert (Dinner Impossible) would say, "thats done".
Wishing you butterfly mornings
and
Wildflower afternoons!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday 5/17? by Kathleen45 (If I knew how to up ...)
Isn't it a wonderful feeling when a dinner party works!! Glad you all enjoyed the Martini spread, also.Will have to take a second look at that pie.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday 5/17? by cjs (Isn't it a wonderful...)
So glad your dinner turned out well, Kathleen!

There are other sites that you can use, but I happen to use photobucket to upload pix. It's very easy to upload from your computer, then you just click on the IMG to copy it and paste it right into your post on the forum.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."