One step closer to the kitchen
  Re: (...)
Today was a day off with nothing really planned. I was getting ready to call and see if I need a WA photo id or if a CA id will work when I go take my food handlers' test next week but the phone rang first.

Two big tournaments were in today and the gal that was scheduled to help waitress & help with the bartending call in "sick". I got to go down and help get the prep done, get the tables set up, and plate & serve lunch. Bob came down and bartended. 5 hours just flew by in a crazy flurry.

Next week I'm going to get my food handlers' card and I'm going to start studying for my bartenders' card. We'll work for food credits and tips.

It was a lovely lunch - and when we left the bar was immaculate, all the glasses washed and put away, and ready for tonight. Tonya is still fighting to get me out of the Pro Shop, and I've got to say the bar and restaurant are a lot more fun!!! What a perfect day!!!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: One step closer to the kitchen by Harborwitch (Today was a day off ...)
What fun! Go get 'um, Sharon and Bob! Looks like you guys are well on your way into the kitchen/bar! Then you guys are going to REALLY have fun!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: One step closer to the kitchen by Gourmet_Mom (What fun! Go get 'u...)
We just went up and had an incredible dinner - and we helped out a bit in the bar and restaurant.

I'll get the pix off Bob's phone tomorrow! What a meal! The gal who cooks at night isn't trained, but oh man, I said "thank you for a wonderful dinner Chef!"
  Re: Re: One step closer to the kitchen by Harborwitch (We just went up and ...)
A talented employee that isn't afraid of work and will come at the drop of a hat - OMG - I would kill for people like that! You guys will become indispensible, Sharon.

And you are so right, I would so much rather be busy - you will look up and the hours are just gone!
  Re: Re: One step closer to the kitchen by iBcookin (A talented employee ...)
This really makes me miss the kitchen... Keep at 'em, Sharon.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: One step closer to the kitchen by cjs (This really makes me...)
Good for you!! Glad to see things working out nicely for you Sharon and Bob
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: One step closer to the kitchen by farnfam (Good for you!! Glad ...)
Thanks guys - I just got up, a great night's sleep! I HAVE to find someone else for the Pro Shop. I want out of there!!!

It was so much fun, we're here, and if we can help we're happy to do it.
  Re: Re: One step closer to the kitchen by Harborwitch (Thanks guys - I just...)
It's where you belong! Hoping it all works out.
  Re: Re: One step closer to the kitchen by HomeCulinarian (It's where you belon...)
Sharon, it sure sounds like you and Bob have settled in very nicely in your new home. I hope they find someone for the pro shop very soon. Good luck on your test next week!

Hey, how are the fur babies liking their location?
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: One step closer to the kitchen by Harborwitch (Thanks guys - I just...)
Wow, how cool Sharon. Summer is just getting started, you'll be out of that Proshop in no-time and in the kitchen where you can really shine!

I am sure they are not going to let your talents go to waste! That would be really foolish of them. If they have a brain in their head they will put you where you are best suited.

This place sounds like a dream for both you and Bob. Good for you guys!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura