Even Jello Shots can be classy
  Re: (...)
Candy Cane Martini Jello Shot
--A festive vodka-based jelly shot featuring peppermint schnapps and white chocolate liqueur in a creamy base.

Ingredients:
2/3 cup Water
1/3 cup Sweetened Condensed Milk
2 Envelopes Plain Gelatin
3/4 cup Vanilla Vodka
2 Tbsp White Chocolate Liqueur (Or White Creme De Cacao)
3 Tbsp Peppermint Schnapps (Or To Taste - Up To 4 Tbsp May Be Added)
10 Each Small Peppermint Candies, or candy canes, crushed, for garnish (if desired)

Directions:
Recommended pan: glass or non-reactive metal standard 1 lb loaf pan (approximately 8” x 4”)

Pour water into a small saucepan. Sprinkle with the gelatin and allow to soak for a minute or two. Heat over very low heat, stirring constantly, until gelatin is dissolved (about 5 minutes). Stir in sweetened condensed milk. Remove from heat.

Add the vodka, liqueur and schnapps, stirring well to incorporate. Pour into pan and refrigerate until fully set, several hours or overnight.

To serve, cut into 1 inch squares.

Immediately before serving, garnish with crushed peppermint candies, if desired.

[Image: CandyCaneMartiniJelloShot.jpg]

Cosmopolitan Jelly Shots

Ingredients:
1 1/4 cups Cranberry Juice Cocktail
2 1/2 Envelopes Plain Gelatin
1/4 cup Roses Lime Juice (Or Fresh Lime Juice With A Healthy Dash Of Simple Syrup)
1/4 cup Grand Marnier, or Cointreau (use Cointreau or Triple Sec for a milder tasting jelly shot)
3/4 cup Orange Flavored Vodka
1/4 cup Lime Zest For Garnish, if desired

Directions:
Pour cranberry and lime juices into a small saucepan and sprinkle with gelatin. Allow to soak for a few minutes. Heat on low, stirring constantly, until gelatin is fully dissolved (about 5 minutes).

Stir in the liquors, making sure to fully incorporate.

Pour into pan or molds, and chill until set, several hours or overnight.

To serve, cut into desired shapes and garnish with lime zest, or if a fancy party gold flakes, if desired.
[Image: CosmopolitanJellyShots.jpg]

Memosa Jello Shot
--Your favorite brunch cocktail in a nosh-able skewered bite!

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups Orange Juice (Fresh Squeezed, if possible)
1 Tbsp Sugar
3 Envelopes Plain Gelatin
1 1/2 cups Champagne, prosecco or other sparkling wine
1 Drop Orange Flower Water (If Desired)

Directions:
Pour juice and sugar into a small saucepan and sprinkle with the gelatin. Allow the gelatin to soak for a minute or two.

Heat over very low heat until gelatin is dissolved, stirring constantly, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.

Stir in the champagne. (Mixture will be foamy - don't worry, this will dissipate as the mixture sets.)

Add the drop of orange flower water if desired.

Pour mixture into a 9" x 9" glass or non-reactive metal cake pan. Refrigerate until fully set (3 to 4 hours).

To serve, cut into desired shapes with a knife or small cookie cutter (I used a small oval shape). Garnish with edible flower petals, if desired.
[Image: MimosaJellyShots.jpg]

Sriracha Schotcha Shot
--2 layered pineapple, coconut, Sriracha shot

Ingredients:
1 3 Oz. Box Pineapple Gelatin
2 cups Coconut Water (Divide In Half)
1/4 cup Crushed Canned Pineapple (Drained)
1 cup Coconut Rum
2 Envelopes Unflavored Gelatin
1/2 cup Coconut Milk
2 Tbsp Sugar
2 tsp Sriracha
1 tsp Lime Juice

Directions:
Make the pineapple layer first. Pour 1 cup of the coconut water into a microwaveable glass bowl. Sprinkle one envelope of the unflavored gelatin over the water. Then add the pineapple gelatin mix. Stir and microwave on high for two minutes.

Stir the heated gelatin and let cool. Add rum when the liquid is cooled to touch.

Pour the liquid into a 8x6x2 pan. Set in freezer for 10 minutes. The jello should be tacky but not solid.

While the pineapple layer is cooling, combine coconut milk and remaining coconut water into a microwaveable glass bowl. Stir until there are no lumps.

Sprinkle remaining envelope of unflavored gelatin over mixture. Wait one minute and stir.

Microwave for 2 minutes, remove from heat and stir in Sriracha and lime juice. Cool.

Remove pineapple layer from freezer and set in fridge. Pour coconut layer over and let gelatin set for two hours.

Cut and garnish with cilantro leaves and additional Sriracha.
[Image: SrirachaSchotchaShot.jpg]

Winter Margarita Shot
--A refreshing seasonal take on a classic margarita.

Ingredients:
1 small Fresh Apple
3/4 cup Agave (Silver) Tequila
1/2 cup Apple Cider Or Apple Juice
1/2 cup Cranberry Juice Cocktail
2 Tbsp Frozen Lemonade Concentrate, thawed and strained to remove solids
2 Envelopes Plain Gelatin
1/4 cup Cointreau Or Triple Sec
Garnish
1 Tbsp Coarse Salt (Kosher Or Sea)
1 Tbsp Large Crystal Sugar
1 tsp Chopped Orange Zest

Directions:
In a small bowl, crush the apple with a cocktail muddler or back of a wooden spoon. Add the tequila. Set aside.

Pour cider, cranberry juice and lemonade concentrate into a saucepan and sprinkle with gelatin. Allow to soak for a few minutes. Heat on low, stirring constantly, until gelatin is fully dissolved (about 5 minutes). Remove from heat.

Strain the tequila, making sure to press out all the liquid. Stir the tequila and Cointreau/Triple Sec into the gelatin mixture. Pour into pan, and chill until set, several hours or overnight.

Mix the garnish ingredients together, and either serve the garnish alongside the jelly shots, for dipping, Individual serving vessels may also be decorated with the garnish mixture as shown by wetting the rim and dipping into the garnish mixture. Place a jelly shot in each.
[Image: WinterMargaritaJellyShot.jpg]
  Re: Even Jello Shots can be classy by DFen911 (Candy Cane Martini J...)
Those are great! I've copied and saved the recipes. We're going to have fun over Memorial day!
  Re: Re: Even Jello Shots can be classy by karyn (Those are great! I'v...)
Definitely classy. I wonder if it would be possible to sculpt designs INSIDE the shooters - perhaps with a differently coloured liquid or gel through a hypodermic needle, or the like. It would probably be painstaking work, but the results would probably be stunning.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Even Jello Shots can be classy by labradors (Definitely classy. ...)
Been surfing the net while going crazy at home, Denise???? These sound like fun.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Even Jello Shots can be classy by cjs (Been surfing the net...)
Saving this link!
Well - aren't those pretty! WOW.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Even Jello Shots can be classy by Harborwitch (Well - aren't those ...)
Those look great! I've saved them, too! Thanks, Denise!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Even Jello Shots can be classy by Gourmet_Mom (Those look great! I...)
Beautiful! I tried to go to your website Dfen 911, but there was no site? What am I doing wrong?

Kathleen
Wishing you butterfly mornings
and
Wildflower afternoons!
  Re: Re: Even Jello Shots can be classy by Kathleen45 (Beautiful! I tried t...)
Ah I have to change that thank you Kathleen.

My domain is no more. But I hope to have a new site up soon!
AWESOME!!!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.