Guy Fieri Road Show Pix
  Re: (...)
What a fun night! The show started with Woody, the flair bartender from Australia, I think. He was a blast to watch and very funny. Great way to kick off the show and get people lively. The audience members that paid for premium seats got to sit on stage and were the recipients of drinks, food, and Guy's new book. We had 7th row seats, close enough to see everything without breaking the bank.

When Guy came out, he immediately started cooking, but at the same time was telling stories, cracking jokes, passing out food. A friend of his who is his favorite DJ kept the music lively, and he had a couple of his other friends along to cook with him; Stretch from Grinders, Gorilla from Gorilla BBQ, and Panini Pete from Alabama. They kept a close eye on everything while Guy was busy talking. He made some kind of shrimp dish that he served up in a huge cocktail glass, and another dish for Pork en Fuego that looked fantastic. I can post the recipe for anyone who might want it.

After the show, he had another book signing for anyone who had purchased his book. Apparently, there was a pre-show book signing that I didn't know about. He came out into the lobby of the theater and graciously signed books, posed for pix and chatted with every one of us. One of his staff gave us a card with his website on it where we can download our pix for free! I'm not sure how long it takes to get them posted, so it might be a few days before I have that.
Guy is absolutely adorable, and incredibly down to earth. His new cookbook has 150 new recipes, but also a lot of pictures and stories about his background as well. He has a wing recipe that will be the first one we try!

[Image: GuyFieriRoadShow011.jpg]

[Image: GuyFieriRoadShow010.jpg]

[Image: GuyFieriRoadShow005.jpg]

[Image: GuyFieriRoadShow012.jpg]
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Guy Fieri Road Show Pix by Mare749 (What a fun night! T...)
Way too cool!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Guy Fieri Road Show Pix by labradors (Way too cool!...)
What fun, and what an awesome birthday present!! I'm glad you enjoyed the show!
  Re: Re: Guy Fieri Road Show Pix by karyn (What fun, and what a...)
Oh Maryann, how neat and fun. good on you, Ron.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Guy Fieri Road Show Pix by cjs (Oh Maryann, how neat...)
What a wonderful Birthday present -and a wonderful husband!
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Guy Fieri Road Show Pix by esgunn (What a wonderful Bir...)
What a fun night! I always wonder what it's like to see some of these chefs in person
  Re: Re: Guy Fieri Road Show Pix by DFen911 (What a fun night! I ...)
Great gift idea, Ron! Nice to hear that Fieri is a down to earth guy.
  Re: Guy Fieri Road Show Pix by Mare749 (What a fun night! T...)
Oh Maryann that looks like it was so much fun. He's so much fun to watch (even if it is just on TV for us).

Ron you need to give lessons!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Guy Fieri Road Show Pix by Harborwitch (Oh Maryann that look...)
Thanks for your nice comments, everyone. Ron is a pretty special man and I've been blessed to have him in my life since we were 15 years old. I knew very early on that he was going to be my partner for life.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Guy Fieri Road Show Pix by Mare749 (Thanks for your nice...)
And they are the cutest couple together....perfect for one another! Ron needs to give William tips. It looks like you guys had a great evening! I am soooo jealous!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.