What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 5/24??
  Re: (...)
What's on everyone's menu for tonight??

Hodge Podge leftovers here - a little Vietnamese steak dish and a dish of raviolis from the freezer plus a green salad.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 5/24?? by cjs (What's on everyone's...)
For sure, the Vietnamese Steak. Last night we wound up having meatball heroes for us and spaghetti and meatballs for the picky child.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 5/24?? by Trixxee (For sure, the Vietna...)
Our fridge is quite bare as we are going to Baltimore, so we may have to walk across the street and get pizza.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 5/24?? by Lorraine (Our fridge is quite ...)
We're going to grill some chicken and serve it with an arugula, watermelon and feta salad.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 5/24?? by karyn (We're going to grill...)
Just got back from my favorite Vietnamese restaurant in Asiatown where I had a lovely lunch with my dad and sister. Like Jean said, it looks like I'll be celebrating my birthday all week! Dad and I had Pho Ga with a side of wonderful pork spring rolls. Beth (my sister) had "Bun" also known as a noodle bowl salad. All was delicious and we stopped at Asia Foods for a few goodies to bring home.

So, long story short, I probably won't feel like having much for dinner except for maybe a salad. I thawed a package of smoked pork to make sandwiches for Ron on the steamed buns I got at the market.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 5/24?? by karyn (We're going to grill...)
Quote:

We're going to grill some chicken and serve it with an arugula, watermelon and feta salad.

I saw Cristina Ferrare make the same salad (only she added basil). This is on my short list to try.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 5/24?? by Trixxee ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
I just read somewhere Cristina has a new book out. She & I cook so similar and like the same flavors. It's uncanny.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 5/24?? by cjs (I just read somewher...)
I'll have to look for that author. I don't know that I've heard of her.

Since Jody is here again, I went with another plan B. I'm doing Whiting on the grill with either lemon, salt and pepper, or a simple vinaigrette. I'll add some potato and onion packets and serve it all with a simple salad. Sounds like summer! (It's been in the 90's for several days now. And is it HOT and humid! I can't imagine what July and August will be like if summer is going to get started this early and this HOT!)
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 5/24?? by cjs (I just read somewher...)
When I was in the mall, near lunch time, just before going to the mall's supermarket, I decided to try something from a new place in the food court: Conipizza

[Image: conipizza.jpg]

I just had to try one of the supremo type to see how it would be. At first, I thought it was "okay." The crust at the top of the cone was a bit dry, although the flavours of the "toppings" did start to come through. Of course, the top of the cone is the equivalent to the outer crust of a regular slice of pizza, so that actually made sense. Once I ate further into the cone, it wasn't as dry, and the whole combination tasted more like a pizza.

All in all, it was quite good - not the best pizza I've ever had, but FAR from the worst - especially for around here. Since putting much more sauce into something that's supposed to be so portable would just make it messy, I would say the could improve it by including or offering a dipping sauce on the side.

As for tonight? Well, this supermarket actually carries (sporadically) kielbasa and I decided to try something different. Since Hillshire Farms (clearly the best) is SO expensive, I decided to try an option I had not seen there before. In the past, they have had Ekrich (not even close to being as good as Hillshire) and Butterball turkey kielbasa (surprisingly excellent, a little cheaper than Hillshire, but still a bit pricey) and a couple of off brands from Georgia which are not even worth mentioning. This time, I'm trying Oscar Mayer's turkey kielbasa, which is about HALF the price of Hillshire. We'll see how it goes.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 5/24?? by labradors (When I was in the ma...)
YO, JEAN! I think we might need to play with this idea! See the one at 11:00 on the plate? HMMMM? Something to think about!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.