Does it really work?
  Re: (...)
Found this on Foodgawker. It seems incredibly simple and I've got some in the fridge "curing" now. But really could this work? Anyone ever try it? Does it seem like an invitation to food poisoning to you?

http://www.pigpigscorner.com/2011/05/gra...almon.html
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Does it really work? by farnfam (Found this on Foodga...)
Don't worry, Cis, it'll be wonderful. I haven't done the exact, but similar.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Does it really work? by cjs (Don't worry, Cis, it...)
Have faith, Cis! I have done similar, also. It is WONDERFUL! You'll LOVE it!

(Yes, Jean, I'm still looking for that recipe. I can't remember where I put it. I thought it was on here, but I can't find it. And the printed copy has disappeared from it's last location. Still looking, though.)
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Does it really work? by Gourmet_Mom (Have faith, Cis! I ...)
We do salmon like that all the time except we use smoked salt. It is very delicious.
  Re: Re: Does it really work? by piano226 (We do salmon like th...)
Thanx,I feel somewhat more confident now Of course, I changed it a little, please tell me if you think it will affect the result negatively. I didn't use dill, instead I used garlic pwdr as the aromatic. Also, my filets were already skinned, I couldn't see how that would make any difference, but what do you all think?
Thanx for helping with this, I'm picturing the salty lox we used to get in Brooklyn on our bagels, that's what made me think garlic. This recipe says 48 hrs, what do your recipes say? More? Less?
Cis
Empress for Life