Lorraine's & the Internet's Wine Cake
  Re: (...)
Oh my, this is just wonderful!!! It will be the dessert of the summer I'm thinking, light and moist and just out of this world delicious!!

[Image: BlackberryBlisscake.jpg]

Lorraine sent me the recipe, then I compared it to the one I had and lo and behold, same recipe with very little differences. Have no idea who's it is....but, it's mine now.

This is the version I made -

Blackberry Wine Cake

1 pkg. (3 oz.) Royal blackberry gelatin (I used Jell-O Blackberry Fusion aka fusion de zarzamora)
1 pkg. white cake mix (18.5 oz) (I used Duncan Hines Classic White)
4 eggs
1/3 cup applesauce
1 cup Blackberry wine (I used Harbinger’s Blackberry Bliss)
1/2 cup toasted, chopped pecans

Preheat oven to 325F.
Combine the gelatin and cake mix; add eggs, applesauce and wine. Beat with a mixer on low speed until moistened, then beat on medium speed 3 minutes, scraping bowl frequently.

Spray the bottom of a Bundt pan and line with wax paper* (or parchment – note: don’t know how that would work) or lightly flour. Sprinkle pecan pieces in bottom of pan. Pour in the batter and bake for 45-50 minutes.

While cake bakes, make the glaze When cake is done, take fromoven and pour 2/3 of the glaze over the warm cake while still in the pan. Let cool 30 minutes and turn the cake our of the pan and let it cool.

Glaze:
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup blackberry wine
1 cup powdered sugar

Mix the butter and wine in a small saucepan and bring to a hard boil. Remove from heat and wait for cake to be done.

Add powdered sugar to the 1/3 remaining glaze, whisking, until thickened and pour over cake.

*I didn't use a bundt pan, I used a 14" X 4 1/2" loaf pan plus enough battter to make a small loaf pan size for tasting.

This is so good!!!

---
Lorraine's version says you can substitute peach jell-o and peach wine (oh, wouldn't Schnapps be delicious ) for a peachy cake.

But, alas the little old winemaker wants the Chocolate Flan cake instead...darn and this wine cake is so easy and fast.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Lorraine's & the Internet's Wine Cake by cjs (Oh my, this is just...)
Okay!! This looks like the runner-up to Pineapple Crisp!! Oh yeah!!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Lorraine's & the Internet's Wine Cake by BarbaraS (Okay!! This looks li...)
This sounds wonderful! Thanks, Lorraine and Jean!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Lorraine's & the Internet's Wine Cake by Gourmet_Mom (This sounds wonderfu...)
This sounds really, really good!

I also wonder about lining the bundt pan with parchment (???). I think I'll use the bundt pan but use that kind of cooking spray that contains flour. I use it when I make bundt cakes and have never had a problem.

Now, when to make this delicious-sounding thing!

(Thanks for posting the recipe, Jean, and thanks to Lorraine as well)
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: Lorraine's & the Internet's Wine Cake by foodfiend (This sounds really, ...)
I must try this!! Just looks and sounds YUMMY
  Re: Re: Lorraine's & the Internet's Wine Cake by DFen911 (I must try this!! Ju...)
I tried the Peach Cake last week, made with Peach Wine and peach jello. It was fabulous! Serving it with house made peach ice cream may be overload, but if you like peach....
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Lorraine's & the Internet's Wine Cake by Lorraine (I tried the Peach Ca...)
oh, that sounds good also!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com