Well cr@p
  Re: (...)
Last July I made "fire grilled pork steaks" and we've been hankering for them of late - but we happened to be in North Dakota, and I'm afraid it might have been in a magazine that is tucked safely in storage back there.

Any chance anyone might have a clue?????
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Well cr@p by Harborwitch (Last July I made "fi...)
Were they seasoned with Herbes de Provence? I found one online from Cooking Light by the same name.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Well cr@p by Gourmet_Mom (Were they seasoned w...)
Sharon There is one in the Cusine Tonight Grilling book (first one I think??? has steak and onion rings on the cover). Grill-Fired Pork Steaks with Smoky Greens.
Has a side recipe of TOmato ChowChow.

If you think this is the one I can type it up later tonight. Too late I know - but just getting our dinner on.

Oooohhh, this is the issue with the drunken pork kebabs and Maque Choux. I have been thinking about this recipe. Need to make soon.

I wish they would have put volume numbers or dates on some of these special publications. The grilling, the Weeknigh and for two books get kind of confusing.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Well cr@p by Gourmet_Mom (Were they seasoned w...)
Thank you Daphne. There was chili powder and ?????? I think I'll fake it. I know it was a C@H recipe, and thought it was in one of the cookbooks. Might be in the trailer
  Re: Re: Well cr@p by esgunn (Sharon There is on...)
Oh Erin that's the one, why don't I have that with me? I'd love just the pork part when you get a chance. Thanks so much.

Just got called to work.
  Re: Re: Well cr@p by Harborwitch (Oh Erin that's the o...)
Oh, I got the feeling it wasn't a [Email]C@H[/Email] recipe. But I wouldn't have found it in the index either way. Good call, Erin. I agree, Erin. Those multiple special issues with the same name get confusing.

Sharon, if Erin doesn't get to it before then, I'll type it up for you tomorrow. I'm pretty sure I have that book. Oh, now that Erin mentioned the Drunken Pork Kebabs with the Maque Choux....I KNOW I've got it! I'm with you Erin. I haven't made that in a while. I'm putting that on the menu for next week. Some of the early sweet corn is coming off now. Thanks for the reminder!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Well cr@p by Gourmet_Mom (Oh, I got the feelin...)
Sharon, Here is the recipe.

Grill-fired Pork Steaks
with smoky greens
Makes 4 steaks - 2 cups greens
Total time 40 minutes

For the Steaks
Blend;Rub onto steaks:
3 T Paprika
3 T Brown Sugar
2 tsp pepper
1 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
4 pork shoulder steaks, trimmed (about 1 lb each).

For the Greens
Saute and Add; Season with:
1 strip thick-sliced bacon, chopped
1 bunch collard greens, stemmed, chopped (3/4 lb)
1/2 cup chicken broth
red pepper flakes to taste

Preheat grill to medium-high.
Blend paprika, brown sugar, pepper, salt and 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes in a bowl, then rub onto both sides of each steak. Grill steaks until cooked through and well marked, about 5 minutes per side. Remove from grill and let rest 5 minutes.

Saute bacon in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until crips, about 8 minutes. Add greens, broth, and pepper flakes; cover and steam until wilted about 4 minutes. Then season with salt.

Serve with Tomato Chowchow and Rosemary Tomato Skewers.

Tomato Chowchow
Makes 2 cups

1/2 green bell pepper
1 jalapeno
1 cup tomatoes, diced
1/2 cup red onion, diced
1/2 cup prepared yellow mustard
1/4 cup purchased barbecue sauce

Preheat gill to medium.
Grill bell pepper and jalapeno until beginning to char, about 5 minutes. Place both in a plastic bag to steam for 5 minutes, then peel, seed and dice.
Combine remaining ingredients in a bowl then stir in peppers. Serve at room temperature.

Rosemary Tomato Skewers
Makes 4 skewers

4 rosemary sprigs (5-6 " long)
12 cherry tomatoes
olive oil
salt and pepper to taste

Prepare grill with foil (to protect skewer ends from browning)
Preheat to medium-high.
Strip the lower 2/3 of needles off rosemary springs (reserve needles for another use), then thread with 3 tomatoes. Grill skewers until tomatoes are lightly charred, 1-2 minutes, arranging needles on the foil to protect from burning.
Drizzle with oil and season with salt and pepper.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Grill Fired Pork Steaks with smoky greens by esgunn (Sharon, Here is th...)
Thank you so much!!! That's the one! Dinner for tomorrow!

We just got home, it was a great fun night - just waiting tables and bartending tonight. I'm back in the morning and I have a feeling Bob might be back behind the bar.