Good Heaven's - Look What Utah is up to Now!
  Re: (...)
Bartenders in restaurants have to be kept out of sight of the customers!!! Unbelievable.

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/money/51893...s.html.csp
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Good Heaven's - Look What Utah is up to Now! by cjs (Bartenders in restau...)
I have never been to Utah, and never plan to go.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Good Heaven's - Look What Utah is up to Now! by cjs (Bartenders in restau...)
Wow, I find that rather strange, but then I don't live out there...

This made me think of a book that I just finished. It's called Hidden Wives by Claire Avery. Gave me the woolies.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Good Heaven's - Look What Utah is up to Now! by Mare749 (Wow, I find that rat...)
That's crazy! I didn't realize they had such restrictions. But then, I'm NOT surprised they have them given the historic demographics.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Whoa! That's just plain prehistoric.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Good Heaven's - Look What Utah is up to Now! by Gourmet_Mom (That's crazy! I did...)
Daphne, well said, what next?

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Good Heaven's - Look What Utah is up to Now! by pjcooks (Daphne, well said, w...)
Do Starbucks stores in Utah also have to hide the baristas since Mormonism also prohibits hot drinks (not caffeine, contrary to popular misconception)?
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Good Heaven's - Look What Utah is up to Now! by labradors (Do Starbucks stores ...)
Quote:

Do Starbucks stores in Utah also have to hide the baristas since Mormonism also prohibits hot drinks (not caffeine, contrary to popular misconception)?

This is bad, forgive me Jean, if necessery, delete this post--it is said, why did God put most of the worlds energy in the mid east under some of the dumbest people in the world, and I add, why did he lead Joseph Smith to some of the most beautiful land in the world and make it impossible to tolerate the people he led there?? I have a Darwin fish on my Explorer. I would not be allowed to enter Utah.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Good Heaven's - Look What Utah is up to Now! by Old Bay ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
You should see how they serve drinks. Derek and I found it very odd.

1 - There are no bars in plain view.
2- If you order, say, a martini. They will bring you a 1 ounce martini. That's right 1 ounce and no more.
3 - They will not serve you another cocktail until your first is completely empty.
4 - No they will not bring you 2 drinks at a time, they will not serve doubles.
5 - After you order your third you are cut off. Whether you have a taxi waiting outside or not.

Only wine is served in a 2 ounce glass. All the same rules apply. So you do like we did, found a liquor store, stocked up and went to our room
  Re: Re: Good Heaven's - Look What Utah is up to Now! by DFen911 (You should see how t...)
Denise, how annoying that must have been! 3 ounces, total, barely makes one martini IMHO! Utah sure is a gorgeous state, though.

Georgia still has blue laws, too. Our governor just signed a bill that will allow local jurisdictions to vote on whether or not Sunday liquor sales should be legal. It's really annoying to run out of something on a Saturday night right now!