What's for Dinner, Wed., 6/1??
  Re: (...)
June already and we may get summer this week.

What's everyone having for dinner?

My little bartender friend dropped off a bucket of clams and oysters...but don't know what I'll do with them yet.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 6/1?? by cjs (June already and we ...)
I'm aiming for this dish out of the June Cooking Light. I will also serve steamed rice and probably either some stir fried cabbage or bok choy.

http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/pineappl...000112981/
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 6/1?? by Trixxee (I'm aiming for this ...)
That Pineapple Chicken Satay sounds delicious!

DS is coming home for dinner and requested the Chicken Parmesan Roulades with Caesar Salad from C@H #57.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 6/1?? by karyn (That Pineapple Chick...)
I'm hoping it is Karyn! A friend made it last week and she said the whole family really liked it.

But clams, oysters and chicken parmesan roulaudes sound awfully good too.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 6/1?? by Trixxee (I'm hoping it is Kar...)
another day when everything sounds so good!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 6/1?? by cjs (another day when eve...)
Oh Lordie, I do have to get back to regular eating one of these days....
[Image: SteasmedClamsFriedOysters.jpg]

Bartender Terry brought oysters and clams by yesterday! So, Steamed Clams and fried oysters today (with the last of my b'day garlic bread. Ate all the oysters, but now I have clams for a pizza and lots of beatiful broth for some clam chowder. Whew.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 6/1?? by cjs (June already and we ...)
Quote:

My little bartender friend dropped off a bucket of clams and oysters...but don't know what I'll do with them yet.

I sure as heck do!!!! EAT THEM NOW!!!

Jean, you're killing me! Just killing me!!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 6/1?? by BarbaraS ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Oh my, they were so good - we're having a snack on the leftovers topping a little pizza.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 6/1?? by cjs (Oh my, they were so ...)
Just finished a bit ago - BBQ'd chicken, cole slaw, and herb smashed potatoes. MMMMMMM.

Jeeze those clams & oysters look good Jean. Everything sounds good too. Off to the restaurant here in a bit, the high school golf team is having their rewards dinner here tonight. They had a great year - and they're a great bunch of girls and guys!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 6/1?? by Harborwitch (Just finished a bit ...)
I was supposed to have handbells AND choir tonight, but I only went to handbells....performing Sunday and I've only practiced with them a few times, so necessary. I called William on my way over there and begged him to fix something for dinner. I have to have grades reported by 10 tomorrow. I've been testing, reteaching, and retesting for the past 8 school days. I'm EXHAUSTED! I finished the grades at 11, but I have another long day of testing tomorrow. Friday is a short testing day. Next week is half days ALL WEEK!!!!! For the first time EVER, the lower grades will enjoy the half days the high school has ALWAYS had! WHEW!

Anyway, William made burgers. It was food, I have lunch for tomorrow, 'nuff said.

As for your dinner, Jean and Trixxee....
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.