Top Chef Masters Microwave Challenge
  Re: (...)
Tonight on Top Chef Masters, the quickfire challenge required using the microwave. For the first time, I thought I could beat any of those amazing chefs.

Between that and all the condensed milk discussion in the other thread, I got a craving for one of my favorite cookies- Six Layer Bars. They've got to be the fastest cookies ever. Anyway, I made them today subbing 1 oz of the butter with coconut oil (it worked well). I was curious because of the TC challenge and found the original recipe, (Usually, I make mine from memory with changes for using a 9X13) which had the date on it. Folks, I've been making these in the microwave since 1976. I have never made them in a regular oven.

Anyone else surprised at this episode? The elimination challenge was fun too, but then again, I am a geek from way back.
  Re: Top Chef Masters Microwave Challenge by Cubangirl (Tonight on Top Chef ...)
Almost didn't open this thread! We won't see it until tonight. Those quick fires are always a challenge.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Top Chef Masters Microwave Challenge by cjs (Almost didn't open t...)
I didn't see it, but now I want to go look it up. I might be able to watch it on my computer. If not, I'll have to DVR the re-run.

Love those cookie bars, CG!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Top Chef Masters Microwave Challenge by Mare749 (I didn't see it, but...)
Um...six layer bars?
  Re: Re: Top Chef Masters Microwave Challenge by DFen911 (Um...six layer bars?...)
I agree....what six layer bars?

I'll have to check for the rerun, also.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Top Chef Masters Microwave Challenge by Gourmet_Mom (I agree....what six ...)
This would be one heck of a challenge! There should be a thread. I do not cook meals in a microwave. Just the dinner time kind and to prep potatoes.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Top Chef Masters Microwave Challenge by BarbaraS (This would be one he...)
We love those cookie bars as well, but my version has seven layers. I wonder what the difference is...
  Re: Re: Top Chef Masters Microwave Challenge by karyn (We love those cookie...)
It would be interesting to see if there were anything meal-worthy, other than bacon, fish and some vegetables, that could actually be COOKED - not just prepped or reheated - in the microwave.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Top Chef Masters Microwave Challenge by labradors (It would be interest...)
I'd be happy with just the six layer recipe if anyone wants to share
  Re: Re: Top Chef Masters Microwave Challenge by DFen911 (I'd be happy with ju...)
HERE is Denise being subtle! LOL! I KNEW she had been subtle SOMEWHERE....LOL!

I'll be subtle with her again. WHAT six layer bar recipe?!?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.