What's for Dinner - Thursday, 6/2?
  Re: (...)
What's on eveyone's menu for tonight?

I have planned my b'day dinner, minus the drinks - I'm still in withdrawal from the last week.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner - Thursday, 6/2? by cjs (What's on eveyone's ...)
Another gorgeous grilling day, so I'm thinking turkey mignons, fresh asparagus, and a butter lettuce salad.

For anyone who is interested in the turkey mignons, they can be purchased at Sam's Club, so might be available at BJ's and Costco as well. They are a frozen round cut, wrapped in bacon and come with their own pop-up thermometer. We usually baste them with teriyaki.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Thursday, 6/2? by Mare749 (Another gorgeous gri...)
Well now, doesn't that sound interesting. Will have to look for those, Maryann.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Thursday, 6/2? by cjs (Well now, doesn't th...)
I'm leaning towards shrimp tacos with a cabbage/cilantro slaw & cotija cheese. Either pinto or black beans on the side.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Thursday, 6/2? by Trixxee (I'm leaning towards ...)
Thai shrimp curry,hot and spicy with eggplant, cilantro, maybe some spinach over rice. Windy and cool here so something to warm us up a bit
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Thursday, 6/2? by farnfam (Thai shrimp curry,ho...)
I'd love to have some of the windy and cool here! Maryann, I know you're enjoying this unseasonably warm weather, but you're getting it at our expense! It's almost too hot to eat! On the way home today, my thermometer on the car read 97!!!!

When things cool off a bit, I'm making Jean's Chicken Lo Mein....fast and pretty light.

BTW, Maryann, thanks for the tip on the turkey mignons. I'll look for those next time I go to Sam's.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Thursday, 6/2? by Gourmet_Mom (I'd love to have som...)
Quote:

I'd love to have some of the windy and cool here! Maryann, I know you're enjoying this unseasonably warm weather, but you're getting it at our expense! It's almost too hot to eat! On the way home today, my thermometer on the car read 97!!!!

Ditto!! I stopped looking at my car thermometer two days ago. It just upsets me, 'cuz our LOW today was 74!! This is wayyyy too hot for early June.

We had burgers and fresh fruit for dinner. I can't get too excited about cooking when it's this hot.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Thursday, 6/2? by Mare749 (Another gorgeous gri...)
We used to get those from Schwans. Loved them. Thanks for the reminder - I'll check next time we get to Costco (when it's open )

It was cold and rainy earlier today and I promised Bob clam chowder. I'm committed (maybe need to be . . . ???). Clam chowder and breadsticks.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Thursday, 6/2? by karyn ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Ditto, Karyn! This is RIDICULOUS for this time of year! This is my favorite time....school gets out, the weather is the perfect 75-85, and cooking is a pleasurable experience. NOT NOW! We're headed into a serious drought and temps are through the ROOF! I can't imagine what July and August will be like!!!!

BTW, you do know what these extreme temps mean, don't you? The ocean is heating up. Very warm ocean water attracts and intensifies hurricanes! Hello, Hurricane Season!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Thursday, 6/2? by Gourmet_Mom (Ditto, Karyn! This ...)
Y'know Daphne, I'm getting so worried about drought that a minor hurricane doesn't sound too bad, but it's got to be a little one!! Today's low was 79....YUCK!

The funny thing is that my parents were at Lake Tahoe last weekend and left early because it was SNOWING! Usually Memorial Day is gorgeous in the Sierras.