Cheerios, Cheerios and More darn Cheerios!!
  Re: (...)
We have been such good little coupon clippers and shoppers since Roy took over the grocery shopping, he's really having fun with the. BUT, He overextended himself with Cherrio coupons. We now have 3 18 oz. boxes (those are the big one, folks) and working on the 4th (about 1/2 gone).

So, this morning I got online to find something to do with all this cereal...oh my, got myself in trouble. First of all I have lots of recipes calling for crushed cornflakes and I'm going to try those dishes with Cheerios, but look at a couple I found.

1. CHEERIO COOKIES

1 1/2 c. sugar
3/4 c. butter, softened
1/4 c. water
1 tsp. vanilla
1 egg
1 1/2 c. flour
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 c. oats
4 c. Cheerios
Raisins (1 c.) (no)
6 oz. chocolate chips
1 c. coconut (no) or 1/2 c. peanut butter

Mix sugar, butter, water, vanilla and egg. Stir in remaining ingredients and one of items. Drop by rounded tsp. onto greased cookie sheet. Bake at 375 degrees 10-12 minutes until lightly browned. Makes about 4 dozen.

2. instead of rice crispy treats, make it with cheerios instead. Yum Yum Yum

3. BANANA DESSERT
CRUST:
1/3 c. margarine
1/4 c. sugar
1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
1 c. cornflakes, crushed

Melt margarine, sugar and cinnamon. Place over low heat, stir constantly until bubbles form around edge. Remove from heat add crumbs; mix well. Press into 9 x 11 inch pan. Chill.

FILLING:
1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
1 can Eagle Brand sweetened condensed milk
1/3 c. lemon juice
1 tsp. Vanilla
3-4 bananas

Beat cream cheese until light and fluffy. Add condensed milk. Blend. Add 1/3 cup lemon juice and vanilla; stir until very thick. Slice bananas onto chilled crust, pour filling over bananas. Refrigerate 2-3 hours until firm.

4. MILKY WAY DESSERT
1 c. crushed cornflakes
1 roll refrigerated chocolate chip cookies
4 Milky Way Bars
1 c. chopped nuts

Slice cookies into 1/4 inch slices. Place slices in bottom of ungreased 13 x 9 inch pan. Press to make a crust and bake at 375 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes. When brown, remove from oven, cut candy into slices and place evenly over crust. Bake 2 to 3 minutes. When candy is soft, spread over crust and sprinkle nuts and cornflakes over. Press slightly and cool. Cut into bars.

and, are you ready for this?

5. HOT CAKES
Heat these until shortening melts
1 c. corn flakes
1 c. water
1 tbsp. Butter
3 tbsp. Sugar
1 tsp. Salt
1 tbsp. Crisco

Add to
2 c. milk
1 egg, beaten
3 tsp. baking powder, sifted with 2 c. flour

Cook on greased griddle until done.

----

I just may have to go buy some more cheerios!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Cheerios, Cheerios and More Damn Cheerios!! by cjs (We have been such go...)
Those look really good! Especially the one with Milky Way bars in it!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Cheerios, Cheerios and More Damn Cheerios!! by Gourmet_Mom (Those look really go...)
Cheerios are really good in the Chex party mix recipe--eveybody has one--3 varieties Chex, peanuts, pecans, Cheerios, pretzles, butter, worcestershire, cayenne--stir and bake, turning, and turning, while in the oven.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Cheerios, Cheerios and More Damn Cheerios!! by Old Bay (Cheerios are really ...)
Quote:

Cheerios are really good in the Chex party mix recipe--eveybody has one--3 varieties Chex, peanuts, pecans, Cheerios, pretzles, butter, worcestershire, cayenne--stir and bake, turning, and turning, while in the oven.

That's always good Bill.

Gee Jean - those all sound good. Boy it's sure a good thing we don't have room for all those Cheerios. It's one box at a time here.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Cheerios, Cheerios and More Damn Cheerios!! by Harborwitch ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Used to do that one, Bill - just wanted some things that were new.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Cheerios, Cheerios and More Damn Cheerios!! by cjs (Used to do that one,...)
At any given time we have at least 10 boxes of cereal on hand. Today I bought 4 boxes at Target.

The Cheerio cookies are calling my name.
  Re: Re: Cheerios, Cheerios and More Damn Cheerios!! by Trixxee (At any given time we...)
Hell, I'd make cheerio crumbs and freeze--really healthy bread crumbs--??? Mix with flour or cornmeal---how about---????---I'm getting carried away--I'd better stop--meatballs or pizza had crossed my mind--shall I delete this last part?
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Cheerios, Cheerios and More Damn Cheerios!! by Old Bay (Hell, I'd make cheer...)
Instead of Rice Krispy Treats try Cheerio Treats -

1/4 c. butter
8 cups Cheerios
1 10 oz bag of marshmallows

In large saucepan, melt butter. Add marshmallows and stir until melted and blended with the butter.

Remove from heat and add Cheerios. Mix until evenly coated.

Scoop into 13x9x2 greased pan. Cool for an hour or two, cut into small squares!

You can add dried strawberries or banana chips
  Re: Re: Cheerios, Cheerios and More Damn Cheerios!! by DFen911 (Instead of Rice Kris...)
Love Cheerios! A while back, since Cheerios are about three times the cost of local cereals, I even tried to find a copycat recipe for them. The closest I found was THIS ONE, even though it's just an idea for something to make for your kids and does say that it doesn't taste like the actual Cheerios. Even so, I keep wondering if I could start with that recipe and try to make something close to the real thing and I have even wondered if I could find an old, "Play Dough Fun Factory," somewhere, as an inexpensive way to extrude tubes that could be cut into O shapes.

Maybe one of these days...
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Cheerios, Cheerios and More Damn Cheerios!! by labradors (Love Cheerios! A wh...)
Cute blog, Labs.

I ran across that one also, Denise. sounds good, too.

Meatballs - I like that idea.

Trixxee, if you get to any of these before me, I hope you report back.
www.achefsjourney.com