Greek Yogurt
  Re: (...)
I have to admit that the kids and I are not huge fans of greek yogurt. Maybe we just havent found the right flavor/brand yet. It is a little grainy and strong tasting for me.

BUT - we found one we like! I thought I would share. It is Chobani Champions - for kids. It is whipped so you loose some of that grainy texture, and probably has more sugar - but still not as much as Yoplait.

Here is a comparison:
Yoplait 6oz = Calories 170, total fat 1.5g, sugars 26g, Protein 5g

Chibani 3.5oz = Calories 100, total fat 1.5g, sugars 11g, Protein 8g.

Different serving sizes but is sure packs a nice protein punch.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Greek Yogurt by esgunn (I have to admit that...)
So, is it Chobani or Chibani?? Sounds good, where did you find it - regular grocers?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Greek Yogurt by cjs (So, is it Chobani or...)
Sorry Chobani Champions. Steve got it at the commissary, so it must be widely available.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Greek Yogurt by esgunn (I have to admit that...)
Chobani is AWESOME!! I love just about all the flavors and Wegman's carries all the flavors. 16 g of protein, lower calorie content than most other yogurts with fruit (sniff, I miss Dannon's Boysenberry), and great fruity flavor!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Greek Yogurt by BarbaraS (Chobani is AWESOME!!...)
Thanks for the info, Erin! I'll have to tell Ashley. She LOVES Greek Yogurt, so she may not want to pay extra for it....my little bargain shopper....but I'm sure she would love to try it to see if it is worth the extra bucks!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Greek Yogurt by BarbaraS (Chobani is AWESOME!!...)
If you guys like yogurt, try Trader Joe's European Style chocolate or mocha yogurt. Heavenly.

130 calories
2 fat grams
16 sugar
8 protein
  Re: Re: Greek Yogurt by Trixxee (If you guys like yog...)
We prefer Greek yogurt to other types. Mostly buy plain, then add preserves or fresh fruit and honey.
  Re: Re: Greek Yogurt by HomeCulinarian (We prefer Greek yogu...)
"Mostly buy plain, then add preserves or fresh fruit and honey." that's what I was going to say - I like to do this with cream cheese also, jam, fresh fruit, honey, chutneys, etc.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Greek Yogurt by cjs ("Mostly buy plain, t...)
Quote:

I like to do this with cream cheese also, jam, fresh fruit, honey, chutneys, etc.

... salsa and tortilla chips...

Oops! Not really on topic.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Greek Yogurt by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
I think it is, Labs - salsa added to cream cheese? you bet!
www.achefsjourney.com