What's For Dinner, Sunday 6/12??
  Re: (...)
What's on everyone's menu for today?

We're going to a pizza party, taking dessert (why do people ask me to bring desserts ) I love to eat them, but I sure don't like making them.

Got a little booklet in the mail last week (Food Everyday)and thumbing thru it before tossing, I saw "creamy cantaloupe custards with mixed berries" - my, it looks so good and the cantaloupes have been perfect lately. So, made it yesterday and it's really lookin' yummy! If it's good, I'll post in the Summer dessert thread.

Had some of the juice left, so I'm going to make a chilled soup and take that for a tasting also.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's For Dinner, Sunday 6/12?? by cjs (What's on everyone's...)
Not a clue, but it actually turned cool here so might be making some chili.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner, Sunday 6/12?? by Mare749 (Not a clue, but it a...)
We smoked a pork shoulder yesterday (and it worked this time!) so I guess we'll have bbq sandwiches and a fruit salad. I've got lots of nice ripe fruit on hand.
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner, Sunday 6/12?? by Trixxee (We smoked a pork sho...)
We're having Beer Brats with baked sweet potato fries and frozen peaches for dessert.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner, Sunday 6/12?? by Trixxee (We smoked a pork sho...)
I'm doing the mystery box dinner tonight WooHoo
  Re: What's For Dinner, Sunday 6/12?? by cjs (What's on everyone's...)
Quote:

"creamy cantaloupe custards with mixed berries"

Bet that would be smashing with papaya instead of cantaloupe. Don't get enough types of berries around here to be able to mix them, so I'd have to use some other combination - maybe strawberries with mango and kiwi.

Either way, I like the idea of the custard with the papaya. YUM!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner, Sunday 6/12?? by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
If it turns out, I'm sure going to be trying it with different fruit/melons. It even smells good.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner, Sunday 6/12?? by cjs (If it turns out, I'm...)
Well cr@p! I had it going on, the pork was marinated and ready to go, everything else was just a matter of putting it together.

We were going to have the Mystery box dinner - but I got called in to work. Threw all my timing off, then the POS (piece 'o' crap) BBQ wouldn't turn down to a low heat.

Mystery box dinner will be tomorrow night - the pork will go in the crockpot for the night to simmer to falling apart. Tonight was grilled turkey and Swiss on rye.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!